does Atheism exist.......

Sponsored Links
Atheism exists, as does the extreme apathy that this current generation has towards anything that can't be proved or reasoned fairly or easily :(

Atheism exists, as does the extreme apathy that this current generation has towards anything that can't be proved or reasoned fairly or easily :(
not sure what you mean to be honest, even if ironically that proves your point.

I love churches I have seen Pyramids in both Egypt and Mexico strolled around Wat's in Thailand and Cambodia, I love the dedication of human beings to build an edifice to their god at the time.
Look back and see how many religions have withered on the vine, and then tell me there is a god.

Sponsored Links
Look back and see how many religions have withered on the vine, and then tell me there is a god.
Personally I can't rule out the possibility of a "god". What I can rule out are the definitions/descriptions of this god, as well as the dogmatic ways in which "we" are meant to "worship" it.

What I meant was, you ask most young people in the western world, in their teens and twenties, if they believe in a god, and I would guess that the majority would want proof, some would say, " if there is a god then why do people fight in wars, etc.", and a fair few would shrug their shoulders and put the i-pod buds back in their ears. They don't care if there is a god or not, they care about how much money they going to make, what their friends have got, etc. This is because of the society they have been brought up in. Not necessarily their fault of course, but you thrust into a mind that to be a better person you must have this or that possession, eventually it sticks. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some tree hugging naturist living off the land, and I too like to have nice things, but priorities for our current generation are not necessarily based upon religion.
I have stated before that my 'religion' is karma, but that isn't to say that I have led a perfect life. :oops:

They don't care if there is a god or not, they care about how much money they going to make, what their friends have got, etc. This is because of the society they have been brought up in.
People didn't much care in the good old days either

A lot less care now than did years ago, Karinska. Look at numbers through a churches door week in week out, comparitive to the population.

The only person to whom the question 'does god exist' is god. If of course he doesnt exist, then its irrelevant.

I have stated before that my 'religion' is karma,
To be honest if I was forced into a religion Buddhism would be the nearest thing to a non religion and more a way of life that I could adapt to.
But I have my own set of moral values and abide by them and do not need a god to give me courage.

one of my favourite questions for your terrorist Bomber doing it in the name of
whoever

If god wanted you to blow people up Why do you keep getting caught?

Sponsored Links
Back