Euro 2024

My problem with Ally McCoist is that he thinks he is a lot more interesting than he actually is. He will make a banal observation which he thinks is really important, but gets no response from the co-commentator. And then he goes on to repeat exactly the same observation three or four more times over the next couple of minutes. He can't let it go.

I'm probably in a minority, as I've just read he's won Pundit of the Year.

Then again, I also don't like Gary Neville as an analyst. Whereas I think Gary Lineker is brilliant. He is so good at explaining complex stuff very simply. It probably helps that he's also very engaging and likeable.
Ali mcoist can speak about scoring goals because he is an absolute natural goal scorer who has scored at every level .

Sponsored Links
Ali mcoist can speak about scoring goals because he is an absolute natural goal scorer who has scored at every level .

I know that. But so is Alan Shearer. He doesn't go on about the minutiae of striking the ball, over and over again, for five minutes.

I know that. But so is Alan Shearer. He doesn't go on about the minutiae of striking the ball, over and over again, for five minutes.
i suppose when he has scored more goals in european club competions and been europes top goal scorer twice he can speak with wee bit more authority than shearer

been europes top goal scorer twice

When you play in Scotland that's not exactly hard.

Anyway, this isn't about whether McCoist was as good as Shearer. It's about how boring and annoying I find him. He might know lots about scoring goals, but that doesn't make what he says interesting or mean that anyone wants to hear the same observation repeated over and over again.

Sponsored Links
James Corden saying he delayed the start of his play so the audience could watch the England penalty shoot-out made me laugh - nothing to do with him wanting to watch the result, then? What a twunt.

If you're going to have a go at Scottish strikers i give you one name...

...Denis Law.

That is all.

yeah your right not that hard the year he won it his goals put your english champions out of europe

I remember very well, Leeds are my team :mad: Sadly, they were one of the worst defending champions we ever had that year, and almost got relegated. Rangers were very good that year. But even in those days, staying in Scotland long term is not what top notch players did. I know McCoist was a very good striker. But we'll never know whether he could have cut it in a more competitive league.

If England get to the final, I'm glad it will be against Spain. Also, it's always nice to see the French get beaten.

Sponsored Links
Back