Expanded ULEZ

Bunker fuel regulations changed in 2020, cutting the sulphur content. Its quite a bit cleaner, but obviously still burns pretty black and smelly

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Coming to a London Borough near you tomorrow.

IMG_5369.gif

I am just caught in it by about 100mts and sick as a parrot. Had the car over 20 years drive about 2500 miles a year and just had MOT done for another year never had a fail in that time, no advisories for rust ever. Done most of servicing myself so know almost every nut and bolt and what am I offered £2000 as scrap. Can I buy one in the condition as it in no chance might just keep it and pollute for £12.50 a day when I need it. Just hope the gardeners and painters have been around where I drive around.

I mean to add my nearest train station is 1.5 miles away and the Elizabeth line over 1hr 15min by public bus which only runs once every half a hour during peak times after 3 changes. This ULEZ is fine if you live in Central London with the transport but not out here in the country.

Last edited:
Sell it to someone who lives nowhere near a CAZ.

Should get decent money.

Keep it for another 20 years, and then it'll be exempt. (by current rules).

Surely democratic process should prevail? Who decides if something should be changed the elected leaders or the unelected who don't like it. Would I be justified in attacking statues of those who promote the concept of white privilege?
It's funny how people change their tune to suit their politics.
They seem to be extremely unpopular and a huge waste of money. The problem with these bad ideas is the councils think the solution is more bad ideas.

Roy I am glad you posted by "current rules" the same way as people were told diesel was the way to go now stitched up if entering the zone.

you may be unaware that the government (democratically elected) has called an urgent review of these.
You mean a democratically elected Tory government wants a review of a democratically elected Labout Mayor over a policy of protecting the health of Londoners?
Well I'll be blowed!
It's a Mayoral policy that tries to go some way of addressing the shortfall of the air quality requirements of the EU.
A criteria conveniently avoided by Brexit.
So a Brexit benefit - more toxicity in the air, more deaths due to pollution, more disabilities, etc
A typical short-term policy desparately chasing votes.

Sponsored Links
Back