Expanded ULEZ

Sponsored Links
Sure. but there must be many 100s of each at least. It should have been a case of TfL taking submissions from the manufacturers and then updating the database. self registration should only have been reserved for people modifying their cars to be compliant.

They chose not to make it easy, probably in the hope people would pay, when they didn't have to.
One of the Car mechanics on here can probably comment but when I get my car's emissions done they can't just check a database and instead have to rely on a plate bolted to the car.

I think there's a lot more variability than you or I might expect. @Mottie can you weigh in?

Looks like people are raising a few awkward questions on all these changes.
Anything in particular?

Absolutely nothing to do with 15 minute cities, no matter how much the host tried to shoehorn it in.

I thought it covered a number of topics. The topic of sulphuric acid and the number of fires regarding electric vehicles doesn't get a lot of attention in the msm.
Thought the comment that Colchester had all that was wanted for services but that has all been done away with to enter this new dawn of 15 minute cities.

Sponsored Links
I would have thought it was obvious but not in your case it would appear.

I should have thought that was obvious but not in your case it would appear.
Not to me, can you explain? I don't see the link between EV fires and the masterplan.

I thought it covered a number of topics. The topic of sulphuric acid and the number of fires regarding electric vehicles doesn't get a lot of attention in the msm.
Thought the comment that Colchester had all that was wanted for services but that has all been done away with to enter this new dawn of 15 minute cities.
What's that got to do with ulez? Keep to the subject.

Trying to conflate different things

Interesting how it's you and your mate have made comment to say it's not related. Should imagine others can relate to it in the grand scheme of things.

Interesting how it's you and your mate have made comment to say it's not related
I asked what have EV fires got to do with the Colchester masterplan? Nothing as far as I can see.

One of the Car mechanics on here can probably comment but when I get my car's emissions done they can't just check a database and instead have to rely on a plate bolted to the car.

I think there's a lot more variability than you or I might expect. @Mottie can you weigh in?
Correct. The plate and the age of the vehicle are needed to test.

You don't test to "a figure", you test to the figure for that specific vehicle. 2 virtually identical cars can have different figures.

And to add.

Regardless of the test figures any car can still fail on a visual check, which should also be done at the end of the emissions test as well as at the commencement of assesing whether the car can be tested or "a refusal to test" issued

Last edited:
Also worth adding that (every testing station will be different) around 5 to 10% of vehicles will likely fail the emissions tests. This incudes new as well as old cars, and high and low mileage.

But looking at the emissions physically, it is not good to be breathing this stuff in.

Sponsored Links
Back