Expanded ULEZ

The expanded ULEZ is coming now, because we already had 20% of new cars being electric, so the opportunity to fleece people is drying up.
And of course when the number of vehicles that are ULEZ compliant rises past a certain level then the technology will change to a pay per mile system whatever the vehicle type is!

France is going further and planning to ban private cars, starting in Paris...

But there is a difference compared to the UK...

They have a decent affordable public transport system, and in places like Nice when there are higher pollution levels public transport is free!

If the ULEZ scheme is supposed to get people onto public transport, how come the cheaper day rail travel cards are being scrapped at the same time

Corporate governance in the UK means that people are fleeced at every opportunity!

Sponsored Links
In France, criminal damage and rioting are part of the culture of communication with the government. It's also a country 50% bigger with a better population distribution. Something we have never been able to replicate in the UK. If our capital city had been Manchester, then we would have been in a similar situation. However, everyone wants to live in the SE.

And of course when the number of vehicles that are ULEZ compliant rises past a certain level then the technology will change to a pay per mile system whatever the vehicle type is!

If the ULEZ scheme is supposed to get people onto public transport, how come the cheaper day rail travel cards are being scrapped at the same time

Corporate governance in the UK means that people are fleeced at every opportunity!

This is not being carried out by your so called 'nasty' party. Do you call them the 'nice' party or the 'not so nasty' party?

Of course if everyone banned motor vehicles from their roads then we'd be back to 1800. The road system works because all roads take their share of traffic.
That isn't true, we've been blocking off residential streets to avoid rat runs for decades. Some of those are the targets of recent vandalism.

Helpfully central government has decided that they all need to be reviewed, no matter how long they've been in place.

Sponsored Links
This is not being carried out by your so called 'nasty' party. Do you call them the 'nice' party or the 'not so nasty' party?
Did I mention any political party regarding ULEZ?

No I didn't...

Corporate governance is a system in the UK regardless of which political party is in power!

And yet you came in with the political football argument because you don't want to actually address the issue...

Thus you resort to form, swerve the points raised, and are obviously embarrassed yet again by someone who is clearly far more informed than yourself :)

Something we have never been able to replicate in the UK. If our capital city had been Manchester, then we would have been in a similar situation. However, everyone wants to live in the SE.
Not for all the tea in Yorkshire would i move down south.

That isn't true, we've been blocking off residential streets to avoid rat runs for decades. Some of those are the targets of recent vandalism.

Helpfully central government has decided that they all need to be reviewed, no matter how long they've been in place.
thats the thing about queuing theory in a complex queue model. You can break a small part of the system and the model adapts. Keep going and eventually problems occur. I think the government realised it was a mistake and are doing something to try to fix it.

Did I mention any political party regarding ULEZ?
Didn’t say you did, did I? I just mentioned that the expansion of the ULEZ was not being carried out by the political party that you refer to as the "nasty" party and simply asked what term you use for the Labour Party as I can’t recall you ever using any derogatory words for them or, come to think of it, making up silly schoolboy names for Labour politicians. You know, ones like Cameron, Smogg, Cruella, Borisconi, Pretti nasty etc. etc.

So, do you feel up to telling us what nickname you have for the Labour Party or are you going to swerve, deflect and ignore that question?

Last edited:
Funding has stopped. Let's see how many councils propose new LTNs. Daft idea that people now realise is a daft idea. Might as well call them NIMBY zones, because that is what they are. We cannot expect to drive cars and also all live in low traffic neighbourhoods.

nice little earner for the council

Council Number of 2022 LTNs Value of fines
Islington138,722£5.2million
Hounslow 115,477 £11million
Lambeth 99,201 £10million
Waltham Forest 61,339 £2.6million
Haringey 60,186 £2.5million
Ealing 59,002 £3.4million
Lewisham 41,313 £2.4million
Enfield 19,571 £913,073
Oxfordshire CC 16,530 £434,610
Greenwich 10,406 £596,502

Daft idea that people now realise is a daft idea

Not everyone thinks it is a daft idea.

nice little earner for the council

CouncilNumber of 2022 LTNsValue of fines
Islington138,722£5.2million
Hounslow115,477£11million
Lambeth99,201£10million
Waltham Forest61,339£2.6million
Haringey60,186£2.5million
Ealing59,002£3.4million
Lewisham41,313£2.4million
Enfield19,571£913,073
Oxfordshire CC16,530£434,610
Greenwich10,406£596,502
Great, so now they're an investment! Loads more on the way then.

Sponsored Links
Back