Faith vs Function

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Bedfordshire police regs on wearing shoes whilst raiding an islamic household made me wonder about something.

Are any of you/have any of you worked with muslim tradesmen/customers? If so, does one take their safety boots off when entering a house and do the job in socks? ;)

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
The Bedfordshire police regs on wearing shoes whilst raiding an islamic household made me wonder about something.

Are any of you/have any of you worked with muslim tradesmen/customers? If so, does one take their safety boots off when entering a house and do the job in socks? ;)

Well if i had to take my shoes off for them i would make sure i had real bad smelly feet but in reality its one thing i dont suffer from---i fart quite a lot though so that will do.

But i wouldnt work or lift a finger for any of them after whats happened so the event will never happen

Good for you...

Now, would anyone like to make a RELEVANT post? :rolleyes:

AdamW said:

i never take me boots off i use the old tried n tested saying that my insurance is void if i do

unless there is white carpet all over the place then my arse makes buttons as to how much it would cost to clean the dog **** off

Sponsored Links
If you do a job for a customer then you should respect their wishes.
If you are rude or inconsiderate then you have only yourself to blame for losing custom.
On the other side, when visiting shops owned by muslims i've found them to be very polite and helpful when serving.

If you do a job for a customer then you should respect their wishes.
If you are rude or inconsiderate then you have only yourself to blame for losing custom.

Why? what about ones own wishes? personally, I would prefer to be properly dressed for work. What about if you stubbed your toe or dropped something on your foot, would they still pay your wages whilst off work?

Health and Safety legislation was hard won and shouldn't be sacrificed on the alter of muslim political correctness. If they want tradesmen walking around without safety gear they should use a tradesman of their own faith, if such a thing exists that is.To me, most seem to drive taxi's or drag hoards of kids around council estates.

I have yet to find a tradesman who could afford to work for them anyway. When I was in business if one of them walked through the door we used to up the ante because we were that sick of standing there bartering for ages, usually for nothing.

I will not remove my shoes regardless. This is enshrined in the Building Regulations which require "....the work is carried out in a workman like manner".

If people have white carpets, I put covers down, if people have white carpets and dogs or children, why should I worry?

If a workman was not prepared to work to my rules in my house then he wouldn't cross the threshold that's for certain.

**** me you are an islamic arent you

ok then the price has doubled as we speak and i want the door to stay open alll the time as i dont want to be imprisioned in any way shape or form

with these type of customers best to say NEXT and move to the NEXT job

greedy ****ers every last one NO I WONT TAKE 3 CHICKENS FOR A CP12

If the rules of the house are reasonable, then yes you follow them.

Removing shoes and then carring out manual work with tools is not only unreasonable, it's dangerous, some years ago I dropped something on my foot and broke 3 toes, it was many months before I could walk properly and that was with proper shoes on.

I have done in the past many jobs for muslims and have never been asked to take my shoes off, if I had I wouldn't do the job.

I tend to agree with d&j, there is just too many problems doing work for them, not least that it seems the whole family has to inspect the work before you can collect payment.

Slogger said:

ok then the price has doubled as we speak and i want the door to stay open alll the time as i dont want to be imprisioned in any way shape or form

greedy **** every last one NO I WONT TAKE 3 CHICKENS FOR A CP12

No Slogger Kendor isnt a Muslim--he argued about the good name of Islam with a lot of the people on here but he thought that Islam was such a great religion and way of life that he chose not to become a Muslim----work that one out :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kendor said:
If a workman was not prepared to work to my rules in my house then he wouldn't cross the threshold that's for certain.

Do you provide a copy of the rules (terms and conditions) WHEN you ask someone to consider a job? If not, it's probably as enforcable as the "all items remain the property of the seller until paid for in full" clauses people have on invoices. In any case, regardless of yours or anyone elses rules, the laws of England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Europe will be used in court. Some of these are Safety at Work laws and will take precedence.

Freddie said:
Slogger said:

greedy **** every last one NO I WONT TAKE 3 CHICKENS FOR A CP12

No Slogger Kendor isnt a Muslim--he argued about the good name of Islam with a lot of the people on here but he thought that Islam was such a great religion and way of life that he chose not to become a Muslim----work that one out :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You really are making a prat of yourself aren't you, just read what you put back to yourself and honestly say to yourself that you are not talking sh*te.
Religion is not my cup of tea for your information.
But i won't show disrepect for someone's beliefs like you do
As you keep making assumptions about myself i'll start making them about you from now on.
It is flagrantly obvious from your posts that you are a racist BNP supporter and you come on here merely to spout your filth here and try to disrupt what was once a peaceful place to come and chat.
Like it do you?

I have been asked to remove shoes, but only for estimating etcetera, not for actual work. They understand it is unreasonable to ask me to work without caps.

oilman said:
kendor said:

Do you provide a copy of the rules (terms and conditions) WHEN you ask someone to consider a job? If not, it's probably as enforcable as the "all items remain the property of the seller until paid for in full" clauses people have on invoices. In any case, regardless of yours or anyone elses rules, the laws of England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Europe will be used in court. Some of these are Safety at Work laws and will take precedence.
I said quite categorically above that any workman would abide by my rules if he wished to receive my custom, that says it plain and simple.
What has health and safety got to do with it?
A workman cann comply with house rules and still not break any health and safety rules.

Sponsored Links
Back