France. Why do you think this is happening?

Sponsored Links
The very fact they (National Rally) are saying things like 'people have nothing to fear of us and our policies' would in itself concern me if I was a citizen.

I would say this to any person considering voting for such a party. Be careful what you wish for, because once in power, they might just implement a policy that adversely impacts you and/or your nearest and dearest. But don't worry, you have nothing to fear ...

Which will stir up more wars in the middle and far east like bliar and bush did, and create even more migration. Even if we cold completely stop migration the country would still be a post brexhit economic failure, all the more so without foreign workers.
Ah, so letting more in would be the answer to stop letting more in. Wait a minute…..

Another wanger who likes to twist the narrative is James Cleverly, talking today on Sky news about the Banksy artwork of a migrant boat was actually a celebration of the loss of life suffered by migrants, rather than the intent to highlight their plight during a song by the Idles with the lyrics "my blood brother is an immigrant..."

Sponsored Links
Do you have any links for the argument to adopt the Euro?
No it was a personal view. Why - total population it represents and stability etc., In some ways the snake was an example. The UK tried to stay within it's limitations. Currency dealing said great and as a result this will have been one of the reasons we dropped out and stuck with GBP. Remember the runs on the £ when it's value was held by the gov. That had to go as no country has the power to control the money markets.

The argument is pretty simple really. Other countries sell into markets. It's not in these countries interests to have the value of a currency to bounce around, Every man and his dog wants to sell into the US - market size. I feel it's one of the $ advantages. Market size is a major reason for the various ways the EU has been set up as it evolved. It allows a certain degree of protection for those in it as well. Companies can be bigger as the market is there. Mixed currencies when things are like this doesn't make any sense at all.

;) Then John Snow asks Brown about this general aspect in the same way. He couldn't reply. Pity he didn't say why he was against it. You just need to get your head around all of the reasons the EU went Euro. In some ways the EU is the counter answer to the US and it's $.

:( The $ also has this

Trading currencies are different but can't find recent info for $, Euro and GBP. Euro is way way higher than GBP.

A staunch right wing populist Brexer government failed to keep them out of fortress UK.

You sure about that description, Nosey? High taxes, big government, in thrall to green lobby, soft on immigration, even softer on crime, massive welfare expenditure, etc, etc.

Doesn't sound very 'staunch right wing' to me?

Still, as someone on the left of the argument you obviously know best. ;)(y)

It's likely to be a lot more complicated I think. The 1930s saw a rise in right wing populism without mass immigration. It's more likely down to economic stagnation and an overall feeling that we are trapped in general, without any easy solutions. Immigrants are probably just a scapegoat.

I like France, and have some respect for the French attitude of not being pushed around.

However, they can be lazy arzes, where working more than 25 hours per week and working past 55 would probably prove too much. Their work life balance has probably swung too far in the wrong direction and they can't afford their own largesse any more.

When you walk into a restaurant at 1.45pm to see the staff sitting at tables eating and are told that they can only serve me a drink because they are almost closed for lunch - things are a little daft in many places.

You sure about that description, Nosey? High taxes, big government, in thrall to green lobby, soft on immigration, even softer on crime, massive welfare expenditure, etc, etc.

Doesn't sound very 'staunch right wing' to me?

Still, as someone on the left of the argument you obviously know best. ;)(y)
I don't think anybody can describe them as left wing. A bit of a fight between the hard right and the centre right maybe. But they are definitely going further and further to the right.

Extremes are never good. Right or left

I like France, and have some respect for the French attitude of not being pushed around.
They are an interesting lot. I have worked with people in a multinational that have worked there for a while. Start of the day every one shakes hands. They find some aspects a bit weird. LOL Also someone who was sent to work in the far east to improve his negotiating skills and aspects like that.

More news. The right+ lot have ~30% of the vote. There has been large demo's against them. Their mere threat caused French share prices to drop. They have recovered a bit as they are not expected to get a working majority in the 2nd round of the election.

Macron pushed an idea of vote for who you like but not them. Even a centrist - left coalition. The market seems to think this will happen anyway. Centrists and the left will get more votes.. Then comes the usual PR problem. There are several lefts but not all are inclined to agree with each other. Some saying they will join up if.............. seems to relate to how many MP's they get.

BBC report but better than nothing. Also indicates why people in a country can't always get what they want due to the markets. Truss a brilliant example.

Lying scum Boris swung as far right as the gammons needed him to. As for Cruella, Somgg Badenoch, etc - yes as far right and up there own arseholes as they need to be.
Sure as shìt stinks, yes.

Yes, granted some may talk up the right wing rhetoric to please factions of Tories. In practice though, they're not much further right as a government than New Improved Washes Whiter Labour were.

Sponsored Links
Back