France. Why do you think this is happening?

Ah, so letting more in would be the answer to stop letting more in. Wait a minute…..
Yes but by your logic not mine. There is no guarantee that the French would continue to cooperate with the uk in tackling migrants on French beaches trying to cross. So (and this was your argument) more cross and the uk votes in reform to halt the flow.

Sponsored Links
hopefully Lepen will stop the migrants getting into france, which hopefully mean less getting to the channel - or may be she will just bus them across france, phone up the rRNLI taxi service then push them off the end of the pier.

France constantly flirts with the extreme right and has done so for many years. When it comes to the crunch the French hold their nose and vote for the alternative candidate. Every time the call gets a little closer, so maybe this time, it's time. I can't imagine a good outcome with Mr wishy-washy as the UK PM and Le Penn as the not quite opposite number.

The only benefit would be to soften the EU to a better deal for the UK, as Le Penn (like many) prefer the EU to be more like the EEA, rather than a superstate.

Sponsored Links
Le Penn (like many) prefer the EU to be more like the EEA, rather than a superstate.
LOL but must admit the what yet more roads for France period has passed. You haven't a clue on why and how the EU is set up have you.

Last time I can remember the French cooperating with the UK was on June 6th 1944……..
Yep, bloody immigrant 'invasion' arriving in France from the other side of La Manche :rolleyes:

Funny thing is that many brits enjoyed happily travelling/working/educating themselves all over the continent before the right wing hoodwinked the gullible to deny those rights...

Did you enjoy the total freedom of movement/travel for over four decades mottie, or did you class yourself as an 'on the take immigrant' who had the right to stay indefinitely?

France constantly flirts with the extreme right and has done so for many years. When it comes to the crunch the French hold their nose and vote for the alternative candidate. Every time the call gets a little closer, so maybe this time, it's time. I can't imagine a good outcome with Mr wishy-washy as the UK PM and Le Penn as the not quite opposite number.

The only benefit would be to soften the EU to a better deal for the UK, as Le Penn (like many) prefer the EU to be more like the EEA, rather than a superstate.
Time for tactical voting methinks, the centre and left should together see off the far right. Otherwise its squeaky pants time for Starmy, doubtless he will shift seamlessly to the right.

They are ****ed of about their country being invaded by blacks and raggy heads

What's wrong with a bit of stabby, groomy diversity enrichment? :LOL:

In March I was staying near a small town called Fumel in Lot And Garonne. It was very caucasian. In the 10 days I was there, only saw one colored person - a lady who did the washing up in a bar I frequented. Guessing she wasn't first generation immigrant and she was very well intergrated. It's about numbers and wanting to form their own parallel society within someone else's country that's the problem. Looks like the problem is in Paris and other large cities.

Firstly the EU is not a 'superstate', it's a coalition of sovereign states who agree to abide by rules that are democratically voted on whilst allowing vetoes/opt outs...

And in fact all MEP's have to be elected under a form of PR as opposed to the UK's undemocratic FPTP system...

Secondly EEA rules are not on the table as far as the UK is concerned due to the fact that it would have to include freedom of movement/goods, and not a single major party in the UK is promoting that at this election because they are still trying to work out when the electoral demographic will have change enough...

My guess is 2029 when there will be less racists/Xenophobes around(y)

But it's not just France. Italy's PM has increased her majority in the recent elections and Germany, Hungary are also moving to the right.

Starmy, doubtless he will shift seamlessly to the right.
He's a left leaning centrist as was Blare. He knows the super rich etc are needed as that is where jobs come from. There appears to be an element of trying to make sure that is spent here. Some of that appears to be misuse of this. Might just be something to look at.
Entrepreneurs' Relief reduces the amount of CGT a business needs to pay, from 20% of qualifying profits to 10%. You will be charged the lower tax rate of 10% on the gains you make up to the lifetime allowance of £1 million
Lump it under tax avoidance.

Another change is how supply side economics is used. A 50+ year idea that is far more dubious now due globalisation. One aspect concerns taxes on the public. It predicts job growth from cuts but doesn't consider where the items bought with the extra money comes from. This doesn't mean there wont be any. As with the Tory the books must balance. It's better to look for real growth and use that. The other related aspect is corporation tax. The Tory tried a cut and it achieved nothing. It worked so well it had to be upped again. So state clearly that it will remain at some level which means business can plan. Also offer stability generally. Then look at the other supply side aspect. Labour - try and train the people for the jobs that need filling. All of them not just the rather nice ones that lots wont get. An example mentioned. If we want to build houses we need various types of builders. This sort of thing over time should reduce visas. Wish them luck with seasonal work though - fruit pickers etc.The growers reckon they are way short of the number of visas they need for this and stuff is being wasted.

;) Mr Wishy Washy? Maybe relates to British Energy. They have moved the time for more serious money down the time line. That needs real growth. How well have the Tory done on that? They can't even agree with themselves in various areas. That is not stability.

LOL The Tory have some beefs with the MOD. Projects. Just for fun I'll mention Keir's army. Looks like one of those may become my local MP.

Italy's PM has increased her majority
Wish you lot would keep up with reality
RECRUITING FROM MIGRANT CENTRES Meanwhile, Italy has raised quotas for work visas for non-EU citizens to 452,000 for the period 2023-2025, an increase of nearly 150% from the previous three years. This year's quota - 136,000 - is the highest since 2008.

Sponsored Links
Back