Germany wants the UK to remain in the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
For companies operating across national boundaries it is much easier to adjust to one set of harmonised regulations and standards than to adapt their operations to accommodate multiple sets of national rules. That, after all, was the organising argument for the single market

There are some 30,000 lobbyists mostly operating in Brussels. Its not surprising therefore that a significant percentage of the rules and standards introduced are influenced by lobbyists. The result is that increasing levels of legislation disadvantage small companies.

The ft article is true: common standards are a necessity to enable a free open market without border checks or customs. Manufacturing to these common standards allows open access to 28.....or27 countries. The other side of that coin though is that the cost of satisfying those regulations can be prohibitive to small business.

Sponsored Links
I happen to know that Bernard has already seen the facts debunking his ridiculous "bendy banana" myth. Maybe he is deliberately circulating "false news" again, perhaps in the hope of influencing gullible citizens to follow his lead.

Remind me, who was it that was talking about "false news" earlier?

Again from WikiPedia ( put the important text in red )

On 29 July 2008, the European Commission held a preliminary vote concerning the repeal of certain regulations related to the quality of specific fruit and vegetables that included provisions related to size and shape. According to the Commission's press release, "In this era of high prices and growing demand, it makes no sense to throw these products away or destroy them." The Agriculture Commissioner stated, "This is a concrete example of our drive to cut red tape and I will continue to push until it goes through. [...] It shouldn't be the EU's job to regulate these things. It is far better to leave it to market operators."[10] Regulation 1221/2008 took effect as of 1 July 2009. Though neither the press release cited above nor Regulation 1221/2008 made any mention of bananas or Regulation 2257/94, some reports of the changes treated them as including the banana quality standards regulation and contained explicit or apparent references to this regulation, using expressions such as "the infamous 'straight banana' ruling".[11][12] Some sources have claimed this to be an admission that the original regulations did indeed ban "bent bananas",[13][14] or that it was accepted that it was "a farce".[15]

Sponsored Links
Come on Bernard, show us the majestic Imperial regulations for classification of bananas that mighty, independent Britain, ruler of the the waves, used to use before adopting the EU standard (that we voted for).

Don't be afraid of looking an arse, just because the British regulations are the same as the EU ones.

After you've done that, tell us what advantages to think you can imagine, in an international Banana Trade, where "Grade 1" bananas in one country are not the same as "Grade 1" bananas in another country. Then ask yourself if the banana trade is an international one.

Quite simply BAS you gave an opinion of what I had written without putting my text in view for other to make their own judgement.
So not a "falsification", then.

And oh, look:

upload_2019-3-9_14-52-49.png

an incredibly handy link to your original text for anybody who wanted to read it again to make their own judgement.

It is obvious why...... When the UK leave the EU Germany will have to pay more towards the running costs of the EU.

The question is..... Are the Germans working behind the scene to make Brexit as hard as possible.

Maybe they are covertly sabotaging it in the hope that the UK remains in and continues paying 14 % of the running costs..

The French may also be doing similar for similar reasons

What? Eh? How old is this post? Have you only just worked this out? Brexit is the takers versus the givers.

Don't believe the remainers' "facts". The facts are that Britain voted out and that the government is thwarting that vote, is in collusion with the EU, and is determined to punish us for voting out.

So not a "falsification", then
Yes it is.

A blatant falsification.

Bernard said nothing like your falsified quote.

Perhaps it wouldnt be considered a falsification by your fellow traveller' ...... Jasonzyx:ROFLMAO:

Yes it is.

A blatant falsification.

Bernard said nothing like your falsified quote.

Perhaps it wouldnt be considered a falsification by your fellow traveller' ...... Jasonzyx:ROFLMAO:
Actually, it wouldn't be considered a falsification by either of the following two classes of people:

1. Those not so ignorant that they did not know of the convention of putting words in [ ] to indicate that they are not a verbatim quote but are intended to clarify meaning, provide a brief explanation etc.
  2. Those not such total )"!*%*"($ idiots that they refuse to accept that the convention exists having been shown that it incontrovertibly does.

So I can see why you are still maintaining that it was a falsification.

And what of your lack of respect for everybody here, expecting them to believe the utter nonsense you write?

I do not make rude comments about people whose opinions are different to my opinions....

ban-all-sheds said:
[Swivel-eyed xenophobe nonsense]
Never had you down as one of those

Square Brackets
Square brackets (also called brackets, especially in American English) are mainly used to enclose words added by someone other than the original writer or speaker, typically in order to clarify the situation:

He [the police officer] can’t prove they did it.

We joined an economical union in 1973 which was good for trade. We are now subject to the rules and laws of the European Union,

In 1973 we did NOT sign up to being ruled by Europe

By complying with the trading rules/regulations of the EU ( Club Rules) that has enabled this Country to trade with the Biggest open market on the planet .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back