GMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
America? Russia? China? North Korea? Some South American countries? I don’t think someone attacking an armed copper would get off lightly with a boot to the 'ead, I really don’t.
Evidence?

Yeah far better if he had been killed if someone had got his gun off him bet he is kicking himself .
He was lying on the ground with his hands by his side when he was assaulted. He wasn't going for his gun.

Fully agree the police should use whatever force is necessary to overpower and restrain any criminal, any time.

That is not doing what was done once the assailant had been overpowered.

2 different things, not to be confused.

Sponsored Links
Evidence?
Australia:
"Police described how the officer, Insp Amy Scott, bravely tracked attacker Joel Cauchi through the mall, challenged him and shot him dead after he raised his knife towards her".

America:
"A Fairmont police officer shot and killed a person who attacked them with a knife Monday night in Robeson County".

Plenty more out there but I haven’t the inclination to search for them. I don’t think any that happen in Russia, China, North Korea and many South American countries would make our newspapers but I wouldn’t fancy anyone’s chances of surviving an attempt to disarm a police officer in any of those countries.

They had been attacking armed police what would have happened if they had got the guns off them . Anyone stupid enough to chin a. Armed Anti terrorist copper gets all they deserve you make sure they don't get back up pure and simple in many countries it would have beena bullet in his head not a kick . Well done that PC for containing him and not killing him
All of that is irrelevant

The threat had already been removed, the guy was already contained he was in a prone position.

Australia:
"Police described how the officer, Insp Amy Scott, bravely tracked attacker Joel Cauchi through the mall, challenged him and shot him dead after he raised his knife towards her".

America:
"A Fairmont police officer shot and killed a person who attacked them with a knife Monday night in Robeson County".

Plenty more out there but I haven’t the inclination to search for them. I don’t think any that happen in Russia, China, North Korea and many South American countries would make our newspapers but I wouldn’t fancy anyone’s chances of surviving an attempt to disarm a police officer in any of those countries.
Not relevant

The guy was already on the ground and contained

He wasn't "upholding the law", he was violently assaulting a man who was no threat to him.
If I did that to someone, I'd probably be charged with attempted murder.

I’m reserving judgement, until we know what led up to it. Lots of officers around at the instant of filming, which suggests a serious issue before the video began.

I’m reserving judgement, until we know what led up to it. Lots of officers around at the instant of filming, which suggests a serious issue before the video began.
Nothing wrong with any force needed to get control of the situation.

It's what happened after, that's the point.

They had been attacking armed police what would have happened if they had got the guns off them . Anyone stupid enough to chin a. Armed Anti terrorist copper gets all they deserve you make sure they don't get back up pure and simple in many countries it would have beena bullet in his head not a kick . Well done that PC for containing him and not killing him
As an ex met police guy said on a tv news prog last night, he put his gun within closer reach of the guy by kneeling down beside/on him. He was already contained judging by the footage.

I'm sure you would still condone the kick to the head if it was a member of your immediate family ...

America? Russia? China? North Korea? Some South American countries? I don’t think someone attacking an armed copper would get off lightly with a boot to the 'ead, I really don’t.
So you would like our police to be more like these countries? Interesting ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back