Government Rwanda plan ...

If we had stayed in the eu I often wondered how long the dopey electorate would have kept voting in mps

17 million of the electorate were certainly dopey….they voted to be worse off

Sponsored Links
“Wishes of the electorate” :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The electorate didn’t have a forking clue what they wished…..and in the absence of knowledge Vote leave and the r/w media were easily able to sell a con
The sad thing is that both leave and remain voters were conned.

If you are referring to project fear, absolutely.

But I think EU membership, stay or leave is a minor side issue, the elephant in the room is that the failures in this country are many decades of failed domestic policies.

Neither Brexit nor EU membership will resolve the deep structural failings in this country

apparently in the UK only 35% of people can get to see a GP within 24 hours - this compares to 87% in Rwanda. and they arn't expected to stand outside hitting a frying pan with a stick

Sponsored Links
If you are referring to project fear, absolutely.

But I think EU membership, stay or leave is a minor side issue, the elephant in the room is that the failures in this country are many decades of failed domestic policies.

Neither Brexit nor EU membership will resolve the deep structural failings in this country
Right, I think the Tories have run this country completely into the ground.
Everything is broken. And they don't GAF.

But I know one thing. If ever the opposition get in, it'll be all their fault.

Remain was going to look exactly like things were before 2016, when the UK enjoyed frictionless trade with its closest and biggest trade market.

But you don’t have any knowledge of the Single Market, so you won’t understand.

If you are going to claim we now have an opportunity to trade with the rest of the world, I will remind you that before Brexit the shops were full of goods from China, India, America, Vietnam, South America, Thailand etc etc.

That's a lot of assumptions you're making about me there, it really shows a nasty bias that makes you look rather foolish.

Remain was certainly NOT simply a matter of staying as we were in 2016 permanently.

Look at what's going on in the EU at the moment, it's a very different place to 7 years ago due to Brussels imposing rules and regulations on member states!

You really need to take off your rose tinted spectacles and realise that the EU is not some glorious utopia!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yup, we were told by the politicians on all sides that they'd respect the result of the referendum, clearly most of them didn't have any intention of that if it didn't go their way!

Yup, we were told by the politicians on all sides that they'd respect the result of the referendum, clearly most of them didn't have any intention of that if it didn't go their way!
this is a very very old argument and in any case representative democracy destroys your point

And you think the eu is a bed of roses with Germany and France in a cool relationship.
The Dutch vote today with gert wilders in the frame to form a coalition government.
Immigration high on a lot of people's list how will that work with eus open door policy.

this is a very very old argument and in any case representative democracy destroys your point
You do come out with some ridiculous statements.
You must be clearly on the wind up half the time.

Why do we need two layers of government?
We have several layers:
some Parish councils - Local Authorities (Distrct Councils, Citiy Counciols and County Councils) - Devolved Government (for S, W and NI) - House of Commmons - House of Lords.

Your question is based on a misunderstanding of government.

And you think the eu is a bed of roses with Germany and France in a cool relationship.
The Dutch vote today with gert wilders in the frame to form a coalition government.
Immigration high on a lot of people's list how will that work with eus open door policy.
The most recent survey by EenVandaag showed a 10-seat gain by the PVV, to 27 seats of the total 150, putting Wilders closely behind the VVD, on 29. The PVV’s manifesto calls for an immigration “stop”, a ban on Islamic schools, mosques and the Qur’an. The last government fell in July over the issue of asylum seekers.

The leader of the liberal People’s Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD), Dilan Yeşilgöz-Zegerius, has broken precedent by saying she would work with Wilders if her party garnered the most votes – although on Tuesday she ruled out supporting him as prime minister if he won the largest share. If the VVD triumphs, Yeşilgöz-Zegerius, a former refugee who champions stricter migration controls, could become the Netherlands’ first female prime minister.

The EUs 'open door' policy is for member states, as you well know old Spode. Migration from countries like Albania is the hot potato nobody can get a hold on.

That's a lot of assumptions you're making about me there, it really shows a nasty bias that makes you look rather foolish
You understand nothing about the Single Market.

So I am correct

Remain was certainly NOT simply a matter of staying as we were in 2016 permanently
I have no idea what you are talking about

If UK had voted to stay and continue enjoying all the benefits, it would still retain the option to leave and lose all the benefits for no gain

Look at what's going on in the EU at the moment, it's a very different place to 7 years ago due to Brussels imposing rules and regulations on member states
I’m not sure what these additional “rules and regulations” are exactly….I guess it’s just in your head

You really need to take off your rose tinted spectacles and realise that the EU is not some glorious utopia
I never suggested EU is a utopia.

However there was no Brexit destination that was better. The one we chose was far far worse.

Sponsored Links
Back