History of family migration

It depends on his motivation for 'understanding'.
Or was he just wanting to draw attention to 'something'?

You won't find anyone on this forum who has been more supportive of UK Muslims than me, so whatever you are implying it is wrong.

Sponsored Links
You won't find anyone on this forum who has been more supportive of UK Muslims than me, so whatever you are implying it is wrong.
If my suspicion is misplaced, I apologise. But my suspicion antenna remains alert.
It does appear to be a strange interest given the current situation in the news.
As I said, if your interest is genuine innocent interest, I apologise.

Sponsored Links

Me as well :cool:

Some of us ? Have taken in victims seeking refuge from war zones / dire ear a Stan :cool:

If my suspicion is misplaced, I apologise. But my suspicion antenna remains alert.
It does appear to be a strange interest given the current situation in the news.
As I said, if your interest is genuine innocent interest, I apologise.

Look, we are in the middle of a national race hate crisis. My way of dealing with it is to try to understand as much as I can. Last week my tradesman tells me that once a Muslim is settled in the UK he can bring his whole family. I tell him this is not true. He says yes they can, they can bring up to 15 family members. I tell him this is nonsense. He asks me why there are 4 million Muslims in the UK. I tell him because we begged them to come here in the 1950s and 1960s to do the jobs indigenous Brits didn't want to do. But he won't have it. He insists we have an "open door" for Muslims. That is why I have been looking at the figures.

Look, we are in the middle of a national race hate crisis. My way of dealing with it is to try to understand as much as I can.
I would start by looking at the phenomenon of the hate spread by social media posters.

How can Yaxely Lennon afford a holiday in Cyprus?

Last week my tradesman tells me that once a Muslim is settled in the UK he can bring his whole family.
Your tradesman gossip is now motivating your direction of interest? :rolleyes:

I tell him this is not true. He says yes they can, they can bring up to 15 family members. I tell him this is nonsense. He asks me why there are 4 million Muslims in the UK. I tell him because we begged them to come here in the 1950s and 1960s to do the jobs indigenous Brits didn't want to do. But he won't have it. He insists we have an "open door" for Muslims. That is why I have been looking at the figures.
So why not think about refuting his gossip, instead of highlighting the possibility that his gossip is warranted?

Your tradesman gossip is now motivating your direction of interest?

Yes, I want to understand why some people might believe these things.

So why not think about refuting his gossip, instead of highlighting the possibility that his gossip is warranted?

Read my OP. You can't refute something unless you actually understand it yourself in the first place.

Instead of refuting his claims, you thought you'd develop an interest in why he thinks like that

Of course. You can't properly refute something unless you actually understand it yourself in the first place. Although, occasionally some posters on here do try ;)

I looked at birth rates recently. The is info on the NOS. Detail at various levels could be seen as ad nauseam if you get your spreadsheet prog out. There are even variations across the country.

Overview. Little difference from the UK white norm. Just a bit higher on average.

Numbers. Well time wise enough to produce 1 generation born here and yet another in some cases. Parents may still be around.

In some countries the kids are expected to support the old. This may have distorted numbers with fresh arrivals. Child survival rates vary as well. I did know and Arab who as he was working was expected to help other members of the family that were not. As it turned out he just had a sister.

Fact is if some one wants to understand the numbers they need data on various aspects. Birth rates given a western need to have 2 working has it's implications. Sure some have more kids but some also have less. Birth rates are an average.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back