History of family migration

Of course. You can't properly refute something unless you actually understand it yourself in the first place. Although, occasionally some posters on here do try ;)
If someone presents false information, it's easily refuted with the accurate information.,
You don't need to understand why the disinformation is being presented.
But here's a guess as to why:
It's because they've read it somewhere, like on social media, and they preferred the disinformation to reality, because of confirmation bias.

Sponsored Links
I looked at birth rates recently. The is info on the NOS. Detail at various levels could be seen as ad nauseam if you get your spreadsheet prog out. There are even variations across the country.

Overview. Little difference from the UK white norm. Just a bit higher on average.

Numbers. Well time wise enough to produce 1 generation born here and yet another in some cases.

In some countries the kids are expected to support the old. This may have distorted numbers with fresh arrivals.
Child survival rates vary as well. I did know and Arab who as he was working was expected to help other members of the family that were not. As it turned out he just had a sister.

Fact is if some one wants to understand the numbers they need data on various aspects. Birth rates given a western need to have 2 working has it's implications. Sure some have more kids but some also have less. Birth rates are an average.
I love your explanations.

If someone presents false information, it's easily refuted with the accurate information.

Hence my OP asking others for the accurate information!

You don't need to understand why the disinformation is being presented.

I believe it is incredibly important to understand why others have got the wrong information. How else can you work out how to counteract that and help people to get the right information.

With really important issues I prefer not to guess.

100 lines for you, Jonathon. I’ll start you off:

IMG_6722.jpeg

:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Yes, I want to understand why some people might believe these things.
You're not seriously asking that question surely?

Essentially you're asking what makes people racist, bigoted, or simply misinformed.

How long have you got ...

He is only looking to understand the true figures so he can counter the claims.

Hence my OP asking others for the accurate information!

I believe it is incredibly important to understand why others have got the wrong information. How else can you work out how to counteract that and help people to get the right information.

With really important issues I prefer not to guess.

It's because they've read it somewhere, like on social media, and they preferred the disinformation to reality, because of confirmation bias.

You're not seriously asking that question surely?
Essentially you're asking what makes people racist, bigoted, or simply misinformed.

He is only looking to understand the true figures so he can counter the claims.
We'll wait for his refuting of the disinformation.
Then Il apologise, if it's warranted.

What was the original claim?
So, he tells me that each immigrant can bring fifteen family members and that's why there are so many Muslims in this country. I know this isn't true.
So, is it true that the vast majority of the Muslim population in the UK stems from these initial movements in the 1950/1960s/early 1970s?

The family aspect may have varied each time the system was changed. I had a go at finding info. This is around but looks to point to books on shelves

The only personal experience of this issue I have is through the son of a friend. He is a white English man and he met and fell in love with an Indian woman when they were both working on the set of a film together in France. They quickly got married. But they can't live together. He doesn't qualify for a permanent Indian visa and she doesn't qualify for a permanent British visa. It is because they have never quite earned enough at the right times because of the short term nature of the work they do.

It is because they have never quite earned enough at the right times because of the short term nature of the work they do.
This is a pretty recent change in the UK that sounds like it relates to this
If you apply for a family visa as a partner, you and your partner usually need to prove that your combined income is at least £29,000 a year.
This is called a ‘minimum income requirement’.
The financial requirements are different if either:

• your partner is getting certain disability or carer’s benefits
  • you first applied as a partner before 11 April 2024 and you’re extending that visa - this includes if you first applied as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
How you prove your income depends on how you got it. You may be able to use your savings instead of income to show you meet the requirement.
There is similar for individuals if a work visa is needed. "Usually need" - maybe visit an embassy and ask. Pre 11 April - pass. Married couple - doubt if there is a straight answer on the web but as far as I am aware financing figures now in all visa types.

Look, we are in the middle of a national race hate crisis. My way of dealing with it is to try to understand as much as I can. Last week my tradesman tells me that once a Muslim is settled in the UK he can bring his whole family. I tell him this is not true. He says yes they can, they can bring up to 15 family members. I tell him this is nonsense. He asks me why there are 4 million Muslims in the UK. I tell him because we begged them to come here in the 1950s and 1960s to do the jobs indigenous Brits didn't want to do. But he won't have it. He insists we have an "open door" for Muslims. That is why I have been looking at the figures.
That seems about right except we’ve been in the middle of a crisis for 60 years or so

I have to say that I don't think there is a problem debating birth rates or immigration numbers. These are just facts, no?

Sponsored Links
Back