Hot Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
but we as British citizens with the pre requisite paperwork have a right to work in an EU country.
No we don't. It's always reliant on the permission of the country to allow it in individual; cases. It is no longer a 'right'.
It can be withdrawn at any time, with no reason required.

Sponsored Links
If you don't have the paperwork it kinda stands to reason you don't fill the criteria, much like you couldn't just turn up in an EU country without fufilling EU rules.
As an EU memeber there was no paperwork required. The passport was sufficient.

That said I think we've reached agreement I can have a right to work in an EU country which notch said I couldn't.
There is no right for UK citizens to live or work in EU countries. It's always subject to the discretion of the country's jurisdiction. That can be withdrawn at any time, and for any reason.

Read between the lines, you're an expert at that...
Oh I read between the lines alright, he was on his usual shout down sermons about Brexit but unfortunately for him when the dust settles a lot of it is bluster, as in this case.
Have you noticed he's gone quiet on not having a right as a pensioner to retire to an EU country.
Portugal was the answer.

You don’t have a visa
So you dont have a right to work in any EU country
The visa is now for a country, not for the EU.
If you have a visa to work in Spain, that does not confer any right to work in another EU country.

No use doing your projection of what you think is the situation, the truth of the matter is I have a right to work in the EU if I pass the criteria.
Let me remind you of what you stipulated.
"Brits no longer have the right to live, work, or retire in 27 countries"
Which again is patently not true,
It is exactly true and accurate.
UK citizens lost the right to live and work in the EU with Brexit.
They can apply for permission to do so, but that permission is not guarranteed, nor is it reliable, nor is it permanent.
That permission is dependent on meeting the required criteria, as you are aware:

, the terms and conditions have changed which are not as advantageous and that is what you should have said.

The following is just your mangled and twisted interpretation of the English language:
Otherwise saying Brits had no right to work in the EU, sounds like the EU has banned Brits from working in the EU.

Not hard to understand is it, well it seems it could be.
And you demonstrate that you don't understand it. :rolleyes:

Shall we get onto retirement now? which country in the EU is the easiest option for me as a Brit to retire too notch.?
You now need permission to retire to an EU country. That permission can be refused, withdrawn or have conditions applied.
It's no longer a right. That right was lost with Brexit.
Not hard to understand is it, well it seems it could be.

Who said it did?
Just clarifying your understanding.
There is no visa to live or work in the EU. That right was lost with Brexit.
You can be awarded a visa to live or work in a EU country, but that visa is specific to that country.
It would allow you to 'visit' another EU country, for up to 3 months. But you have no right to live or work in that other EU country.

Have you noticed he's gone quiet on not having a right as a pensioner to retire to an EU country.
Portugal was the answer.
You've lost that right as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back