Hot Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we actually think that the establishment (no, not the nobs in parliament, the ones who pull the levers behind the curtains) would have allowed Brexit to happen if it was ultimately destructive for the UK
Of course.

Brexit was only ever a vehicle for disaster capitalists, hedge fund managers, billionaires living tax havens, disaster capitalists, hedge fund managers, Tufton Street ghouls......because they could make money out of the Deregulation opportunities and chaos.

Boris Johnson only pushed brexit because he was able to use it as a way to become PM

Do you actually think the wealthy care about the general Public?

Sponsored Links
Financial independence must be a massive factor. Controlling your own IR is vital to an economy.
I think this is the main factor for brexit tbh.
We pulled out of the ERM because of it
As an EU member the UK has contr of 99% of its finances

We were an EU member, not in the Eurozone and more opt outs than any other member, we were not constrained financially

Sponsored Links
Of course.

Brexit was only ever a vehicle for disaster capitalists, hedge fund managers, billionaires living tax havens, disaster capitalists, hedge fund managers, Tufton Street ghouls......because they could make money out of the Deregulation opportunities and chaos.

Boris Johnson only pushed brexit because he was able to use it as a way to become PM

Do you actually think the wealthy care about the general Public?
Yes, it is what keeps them rich.

As an EU member the UK has contr of 99% of its finances

We were an EU member, not in the Eurozone and more opt outs than any other member, we were not constrained financially
Wrong.

the interest rate tool, along with its own currency is the financial main armaments.
Really, not an insignificant thing to surrender to a federation.

I don't know what his products are like now, but the ones I bought in the mid 90's were completely unreliable, maybe a one off. He is described as an engineer but he always struck me as a brilliant salesman.
We have a Dyson V10 cordless vacuum, a Dyson bladeless fan and Mrs Mottie has a Dyson supersonic hair drier. All bloody wonderful.

We have a Dyson V10 cordless vacuum, a Dyson bladeless fan and Mrs Mottie has a Dyson supersonic hair drier. All bloody wonderful.
The hoovers are ok, but don't seem to like hard work.
After spending 20 years buying dyson hoovers, we switched to Shark. Impressed so far but then again, its shiny and new...

Which paints the UK in an even worse light.
Not really. It's an international business. What major items do you have in your house that were actually made in the U.K.? Mobile phone? PC? Tablet? Vacuum cleaner? Cooker? Microwave? Boiler? Car?

The hoovers are ok, but don't seem to like hard work.
After spending 20 years buying dyson hoovers, we switched to Shark. Impressed so far but then again, its shiny and new...
Vacuum. Vacuum. Hoover is a brand. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back