House wife's father now blames the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect there are quite a few hospitals and doctors between here and there.
The argument that they would not have reached the UK in time is fallacious and facetious.
No it's not. I doubt the kid would've got out of the country in time to get anywhere in just two weeks and you're forgetting that in order to take the kid away, the UK needed the mothers permission. That, as far as I know, hadn't happened, so the UK couldn't do anything anyway.
Don't get me wrong, I think the death of a tiny baby is incredibly sad, I just think that it's not of the UK's doing which put that baby in that position.

Sponsored Links
A Government "U Turn" (Embarrassing for Sajid Javid)

Jeremy Hunt has stated that all efforts will be made to bring back to this Country British citizen born children in the Refugee camp following the Shamina Begun fiasco .

15 year olds can be a very silly. They do often seem to lose sense of logic.
But the parents aren't 15, and were responsible for their child.
Nor was she 15 when she gave her views to the whole world, not apologising for ISIS. She was 19.

She's not a child.

Sponsored Links
No it's not. I doubt the kid would've got out of the country in time to get anywhere in just two weeks and you're forgetting that in order to take the kid away, the UK needed the mothers permission. That, as far as I know, hadn't happened, so the UK couldn't do anything anyway.
Don't get me wrong, I think the death of a tiny baby is incredibly sad, I just think that it's not of the UK's doing which put that baby in that position.
I suspect that there are many doctors within a few miles that would have happily traveled to treat the child.
I'm sure there are hospitals within the country that could have cared for him. I'm sure that there are hospitals within a few miles of the border that could have cared for him.
Your original comment was fallacious and facetious and now you are trying to rescue that opinion.
Edit:The refugee camp is 20 kilometers from the border with Iraq. That's what a 10 minute car ride.

Last edited:
I suspect that there are many doctors within a few miles that would have happily traveled to treat the child.
I'm sure there are hospitals within the country that could have cared for him. I'm sure that there are hospitals within a few miles of the border that could have cared for him.
Your original comment was fallacious and facetious and now you are trying to rescue that opinion.
Then why didn't they?
My original comment wasn't fallacious or facetious. It was realistic. Just two weeks to get a baby out (perhaps less to actually save it) with permission from it's mother, from a country in tatters. Sorry you find that so hard to understand and you think that the baby could've magically transported to the UK within days.

You blamed the UK for not taking the kid back to the UK for it's death, now you tell me that actually there are hospitals within the country that could've cared. So why didn't they, and why still blame the UK? I think you're trying to rescue that opinion of yours....
Your original comment referred to when she was still in UK, when she was 15.
I am aware. However, she is now an adult and is being treated as such. When she was 15, her parents were the adults and were supposed to be looking after her, bringing her up well - and stop her from doing stupid things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then why didn't they?
My original comment wasn't fallacious or facetious. It was realistic. Just two weeks to get a baby out (perhaps less to actually save it) with permission from it's mother, from a country in tatters. Sorry you find that so hard to understand and you think that the baby could've magically transported to the UK within days.
The refugee camp is 20 kilometers from the border with Iraq, a 10 minute car journey.
upload_2019-3-10_17-20-10.png

Your argument that travel to UK would have been necessary is fallacious and facetious.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/الهول،+Syria‭/Baghdad,+Iraq/@35.0315152,40.1604099,7z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x154b828e6921394f:0x503cc3fdd585ae88!2m2!1d41.1476825!2d36.3888755!1m5!1m1!1s0x15577f67a0a74193:0x9deda9d2a3b16f2c!2m2!1d44.3660671!2d33.315241
upload_2019-3-10_17-26-10.png

upload_2019-3-10_17-29-31.png

Last edited:
The refugee camp is 20 kilometers from the border with Iraq, a 10 minute car journey.
View attachment 160644
Your argument that travel to UK would have been necessary is fallacious and facetious.
Your argument that the UK is to blame is both fallacious and facetious.

And I will ask again, as you consider yourself to be such the expert.
Why did no doctor travel to help this baby? Why didn't she travel to a hospital? (without a passport for her or the baby to Iraq). You seem to think it's such a simple thing to do so then that should be a simple thing to answer.

It's you, btw, that said this:
He (SJ) also has relinquished his responsibility on two counts: the responsibility for UK arresting and punishing Shemima, if it's possible, and the responsibility for the decision because it is now the decision of the legal/justice system, should any appeal, legal process occur.
If he had taken responsibility for her arrest, and subsequent trial the baby would probably be alive now.
Do you know how long legal procedures take? Let alone dealing overseas with a country in tatters? If you think that everything would've been in place within 2 weeks then you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Your argument that the UK is to blame is both fallacious and facetious.
You are distorting my argument:
We all agree, I think, that [Shemima's decision] was a contributory factor.
But so was the UK's Home Secretary's decision a factor.

Why did no doctor travel to help this baby? Why didn't she travel to a hospital?
Maybe no-one asked. Maybe she wasn't allowed out of the camp because no-one asked for her to be allowed out. Maybe there aren't any taxis. Maybe she didn't have the fare.

Do you know how long legal procedures take? Let alone dealing overseas with a country in tatters?
In dealing with life or death stations we do not need to wait for other official procedures to be completed. Especially when those procedures can be completed in parallel.

"The refugee camp is 20 kilometers from the border with Iraq, a 10 minute car journey."

There's a motorway right into the hospital?

"The refugee camp is 20 kilometers from the border with Iraq, a 10 minute car journey."

There's a motorway right into the hospital?

And there's a hospital that has not been affected by the troubles right on that border...
And somone who going to wave her though without a passport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back