House wife's father now blames the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
And then revoke it after (you hope) they've voted Remain? (Should a peoples' vote come to pass).
Big Shaq (sic?) for high office, anyone?

Why are you concerned that 16yr olds shouldnt get to vote?

Why revoke it?
Big Shaq?

Sponsored Links
Hmm

So when UK tourists and citizens are stranded abroad or in life threatening situatuon the Government can conveniently deny them help.
Citizens. The child was.
Indeed looks like you missed a key point.

Not really. But I think you have.

The child was with it's mother who is no longer a UK citizen. The UK couldn't take a child anywhere without mothers permission. Did she give it? Do you know if anyone in the UK was informed the child was sick? I didn't see anything in the papers, did you? Did they have any time to get there to help? I don't think the UK has 'conveniently denied help'.
The mother is responsible for pretty much everything has happened - she put herself there, and her child, and previous children (which I presume were not in a camp). It's a very sad state of affairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really. But I think you have.

The child was with it's mother who is no longer a UK citizen. The UK couldn't take a child anywhere without mothers permission. Did she give it? Do you know if anyone in the UK was informed the child was sick? I didn't see anything in the papers, did you? Did they have any time to get there to help? I don't think the UK has 'conveniently denied help'.
The mother is responsible for pretty much everything has happened - she put herself there, and her child, and previous children (which I presume were not in a camp). It's a very sad state of affairs.
Lol

We can take a child into care without a parents permission.

The moment the mums citizenship was revoked there was a consequential issue about the child.

It sets a precedent.

Lol

The moment the mums citizenship was revoked there was a consequential issue about the child.

It sets a precedent.

Only with just cause ? If the child is at risk ? And only on UK
Soil

Lol

It sets a precedent.
In this country yes but with court order, which takes time and you cannot presume our laws are the same as in Syria or we indeed, can help ourselves to people living in their country. I already asked, did the UK government even know the child was sick? Even if the woman had kept her citizenship, there is no guarantee they would've been back on British soil before the death of her child is there?

I don't think the UK denied that the child was a UK citizen, nor was it going to be kept out the country. But it does require the mothers permission - quite right too because we can't go around snatching children.

"The Home Secretary told MPs the boy, Jerah, would be entitled to British consular help to come to the UK if he could be taken out of Northern Syria with the consent of his mother"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...begums-british-baby-could-return-uk-suggests/

The operator of the camp are Kurdish allies. They would be only too happy to see another prisoner taken away.
International law hardly applies in such situations.
It wasn't given due consideration in stripping Shemima of her citizenship.

Why doesn't international law apply?

I think the heart of this matter is that some people on here don't think the ISIS bride should've lost her citizenship. That's fair enough but that's not everyone's view and at the end of the day, it has happened.

It still doesn't take away the fact that to get a baby out of war-torn country within 2 weeks of the baby's life would've been a very hard thing to do. No passports, no nothing. And if the UK was unaware that the fact that the child was even sick, how again can they be held responsible for not getting it to a hospital? It's hardly the place to call an 'uber' and get them to a hospital 20km away is it? There are many ways the child could've been helped I daresay, a doctor, the people who run the camp, the Dutch etc but none of it happened. So we have to presume that getting help to people who need it in a war-torn country isn't as easy as people seem to think so, especially in an emergency.

Only if you assume that the hospitals, doctors and medicine only exists in UK.
If you think that is a realistic assumption, you are welcome to your belief.

Only if you assume that the UK would have brought them back by car, donkey, or piggy-back.
If you think that is a reasonable assumption...........

Think of the political capital that would have been made if the child had been removed from the mother and died on route to the UK or died whilst in the UKs custody

Why are you concerned that 16yr olds shouldnt get to vote?

Why revoke it?
Big Shaq?

1. I'm father to one.

2. Why give it in the first place? To get the result you want?

3. You really don't appreciate the consequences of your suggestion, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back