In or out

In or out of the European union

• Remain in the EU

• Get out

Results are only viewable after voting.
If Jock thinks that 10bn Euro multiplied by two is £30bn, then he is wildly wrong.

It seems only fair to help him.

10 x 0.76 x 2 is in fact 15.2, so his estimate is about double what it ought to be if his guesses were otherwise correct. I will charitably presume that he has made a mistake due to ignorance, and is not deliberately overstating his case.
Using your figures, the contribution is £26.4 billion before rebate.

That's a whole lot of cash for no benefit..

Sponsored Links
Why have you decided that Jock would refuse to accept rebates, payments and grants during the period when UK is failing to agree arrangements for leaving?

Is it because you are deliberately choosing a false figure to try to bolster your position by deceit?

Why do you want to spin out the negotation period to the maximum before leaving?

Why have you decided that Jock would refuse to accept rebates, payments and grants during the period when UK is failing to agree arrangements for leaving?

Is it because you are deliberately choosing a false figure to try to bolster your position by deceit?
Where is the lie? It is simply the figure before rebate..There is no need to call me deceitful, just because you measure others by your own lack of standards.

If we weren't paying the EU all this cash, then we could help prevent the loss of jobs in the Steel industry.

So you agree that the UK would receive about £11bn in payments from the EU during the notice period, if it delayed exit by the maximum two years.

But why would you want to delay so long?

Sponsored Links
So you agree that the UK would receive about £11bn in payments from the EU during the notice period, if it delayed exit by the maximum two years.

But why would you want to delay so long?
No. I don't agree... It would be logical to say that the UK sends £11billion less so we receive nothing from the EU.. If we sent them the full amount and then they gave us a bit back would be very inefficient and a bit rediculous, surly..

I don't want to delay exit at all, tomorrow is too long.

So why do you enjoy quoting the gross payment and omitting the net?

And why do you choose to talk as if the UK would delay agreeing arrangements for the two-year maximum?

What makes you so damn sure that the EU would give us back any "rebates, payments and grants" during the two year notice period????? What makes you so damn sure that the UK would fail to make arrangements to leave???

So why do you enjoy quoting the gross payment and omitting the net?

And why do you choose to talk as if the UK would delay agreeing arrangements for the two-year maximum?

Gross payment is the gross payment.. Rebates can vary in the future. Always use the gross payment. Don't you know that?
I choose to discuss the scenario placed before me. if we leave tomorrow, then we leave tomorrow and all is good. I'm not talking about anything, I'm typing.

What if the only terms the EU were to offer were to be so unacceptable that no agreement could be reached for exit before the 2-year maximum?

" the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal"

What would the UK gain by not having any arrangements, and waiting 2 years anyway?

The anti-Europeans have said that the EU would be delighted to continue trading with the UK on preferential terms after Brexit. Are you saying that isn't true?

" the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal"

What would the UK gain by not having any arrangements, and waiting 2 years anyway?

The anti-Europeans have said that the EU would be delighted to continue trading with the UK on preferential terms after Brexit. Are you saying that isn't true?
Who do you believe has said that isn't true?

It depends on what terms the EU offers.

I'm not. The U.K. traded with other European countries prior to 1973 and would continue to do so outside the EU. But if you accept that, then it rather shoots down the pro-EU argument about how the U.K. pulling out would cost the country millions per year in lost trade, doesn't it?

PBC is suggesting that the EU would be unwilling to agree acceptable agreement arrangements for leaving.

This contradicts the claim that the EU would be delighted to offer the UK preferential trading terms after a Brexit.

Which is true?

Sponsored Links
Back