Is Stockton on Tees a ****hole?

Which does not change the fact that many (employed) low earners need Government benefits because of low wages.

People in work should be able to live, not just exist
People in work used to be able to live on their wages.

Not any more

Sponsored Links
What sort of income do you think is needed ? surely it depends on where you live?

I have relatives who work in factories and live comfortably on their wages in the midlands and I know people who struggle living in SE on £80k household.

People in work used to be able to live on their wages.

Not any more

Peoples expectations have increased, their funding has not improved enough to match their expectations. If they reduced their expectations, they could more easily financially manage.

Sounds like my ex-wife.. According to her lawyer she needs £100k per year (Net) just to pay the essential bills.

Sponsored Links
a photo of an overflowing bin is not evidence.

I could go there just after the bins had been emptied and take a picture, post it on here and claim: "Labour led councils have the cleanest streets" But I won't because It's stupid.
Well, back in today by train and here’s some pictures of the same locations three days later. Would your conservative council allow that? Mine wouldn’t.

IMG_0405.jpeg
IMG_0406.jpeg

Well, back in today by train and here’s some pictures of the same locations three days later. Would your conservative council allow that? Mine wouldn’t.

We come under a Labour council area, but our councillors are break away, Independents. They are rather good, rather effective at dealing with any complaints locally - they certainly would no put up with that sort of mess around here. A quick phone call or email, and someone would be sent out specially, to deal with it.

I think Notch goes around with his eyes closed, his hands over his ears and saying La La La La so that he can deny what is happening…….when it suits his case!

Newham. A Labour run shíthole.

You can't blame the council for the lack of personal pride of the residents.
The residents are putting the rubbish where the bin is. The council aren’t taking it away. It’s not the residents fault, it’s the councils. That bin has been overflowing since at least Tuesday. It’s a fúcking disgrace!

Peoples expectations have increased, their funding has not improved enough to match their expectations. If they reduced their expectations, they could more easily financially manage.
You tried getting a mortgage, or even enough deposit for a rental lately ?

The residents are putting the rubbish where the bin is. The council aren’t taking it away. It’s not the residents fault, it’s the councils. That bin has been overflowing since at least Tuesday. It’s a fúcking disgrace!

Adblue container?

Never thought to take it home with them?

I agree to a point, but the realistic options are:

- bigger bin; but this presents issues of its own
- more bins; locals might, for all you know, have objected to this
- more frequent collections; higher council tax, more frequent traffic disruption

Ideal world, fewer of us f##kers on the planet (y)

I think mottie is trying to argue that some councils are better than others depending on the dominant local political party.

Picture of housing in a Tory Borough.

grenfell_tower.png
i

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back