Is Stockton on Tees a ****hole?

I think mottie is trying to argue that some councils are better than others depending on the dominant local political party.

Picture of housing in a Tory Borough.

View attachment 323455i
Cheap shot but if we're getting into the blame game of deaths caused by political parties, I don’t think you’ll ever be able to top the deaths caused by the Labour Party acting as Bush's puppet with their call for war when they knew damn well that there were no WMD's in Iraq but still lied about it.

Sponsored Links
One bed flats from £35K, 2 bed terrace from £56K, semis and detached from £70K.

And none of that changes people not earning enough " to afford children".

In my experience, you can never afford them, but most people manage. Just a few people think low earners should be childless
If the lower classes remain childless, then were does the next generation of bin men, road sweepers, care workers, shop assistants ect.ect.
They may have to consider importing more immigrants.

If the lower classes remain childless, then were does the next generation of bin men, road sweepers, care workers, shop assistants ect.ect.
They may have to consider importing more immigrants.

Maybe, from all those who sit at home, doing nothing apart from breeding more off spring to sit at home..

Sponsored Links
when they knew damn well that there were no WMD's in Iraq
That's not true. They had their suspicions.
I'd be the first to admit those suspicions were extremely circumspect. But suspicions they were.

Maybe, from all those who sit at home, doing nothing apart from breeding more off spring to sit at home.

What about the poor people on low wages or zero-hours contracts? You think they're idle loafers? Perhaps you've been reading the wrong stories.

We didn't find the Brexers volunteering to pick cockles or hops.

Did you hear about the politician who claimed that homelessness was a lifestyle choice?

Why doesn't everybody choose instead to live in comfort and prosperity?

Last edited:
Cheap shot but if we're getting into the blame game of deaths caused by political parties, I don’t think you’ll ever be able to top the deaths caused by the Labour Party acting as Bush's puppet with their call for war when they knew damn well that there were no WMD's in Iraq but still lied about it.
Quantum leap from councils to national government, how many tories voted for the invasion?

, I don’t think you’ll ever be able to top the deaths caused by the Labour Party acting as Bush's puppet with their call for war when they knew damn well that there were no WMD's in Iraq but still lied about it.
Conservatives are even more puppets to the USA than labour

had Tories been in power they wouldve backed the USA 100%....and indeed Tory MPs at the time did back the war

you are just engaging in revisionism

Maybe, from all those who sit at home, doing nothing apart from breeding more off spring to sit at home..
lazy Daily Mail trope

Come on Harry how about you put some numbers to it...what percentage "do nothing apart from breeding more offspring to sit at home"

what you are doing is taking a small % and framing it as though it applies to the majority. It does not

Peoples expectations have increased, their funding has not improved enough to match their expectations. If they reduced their expectations, they could more easily financially manage.

almost 5 million in food poverty

do you think people have too high expectations like believing they should earn enough to eat?

how do you want them to reduce their expectations, go down from eating 6 days a week to what maybe eating 4 days a week?

Of course it does, it must. They cannot afford all the luxuries, and support their kids, then cut down on the luxuries some.
WRONG

there are plenty of people who cant afford to have kids no matter how much they cut down

you seem to think all people need to do is cut out buying Costa coffee and stop netfliks subs

Annoying as they may be, I don't think there's actually that many in that category. Despite what some try (and do) make you believe.

Certainly there are more in the fully employed, but unable to afford mortgages (or rent) , let alone children. These people get benefits too.

Some think they should stay childless too.

The real problem isn't affording children, it's affording to exist

What about the poor people on low wages or zero-hours contracts? You think they're idle loafers? Perhaps you've been reading the wrong stories.

We didn't find the Brexers volunteering to pick cockles or hops.

Did you hear about the politician who claimed that homelessness was a lifestyle choice?

Why doesn't everybody choose instead to live in comfort and prosperity?

Don't go so hard on Harry.

He thinks he's the hardest working person ever, that anyone with more than he has had it gifted to them, and anyone with less is a feckless wastrel.

What sort of income do you think is needed ? surely it depends on where you live?

I have relatives who work in factories and live comfortably on their wages in the midlands and I know people who struggle living in SE on £80k household.
I know people in the Midlands earning around £15 an hour that can't even afford to rent, let alone find a deposit. As for a mortgage, forget it.

Full time working should pay enough to live on, and maybe a different amount in different areas.

Sponsored Links
Back