Is Stockton on Tees a ****hole?

Sponsored Links
And to consider whilst working full time, can I even afford to live. Luckily the state subsidises business and pays benefits to adults because wages aren't enough.

Is child allowance still paid too?

The issue is the cost of living, nothing more, no matter how you try and twist
What do you think is driving that?

its a circular. High global demand for consumer goods, wars causing energy inflation, Covid backlog, public services having to pay more, more people placing higher demands on public services, increased tax to pay for them, driving higher wage demands, driving increased costs etc. etc.

Every single member of society can stop and think about what they could do, to place less demand on tax payer funded resources. From trying to be healthier, less obese to more self sufficient.

What do you think is driving that?

its a circular. High global demand for consumer goods, wars causing energy inflation, Covid backlog, public services having to pay more, more people placing higher demands on public services, increased tax to pay for them, driving higher wage demands, driving increased costs etc. etc.

Every single member of society can stop and think about what they could do, to place less demand on tax payer funded resources. From trying to be healthier, less obese to more self sufficient.
Standard of living isn't affecting everybody, but it is affecting low earners badly.

I don't subscribe to " they shouldn't have children " if they are employed, like you suggest.

Let's address the major issues, and the lesser ones fall into place.

Paying benefits to full time working parents just means business is getting away with paying too little, and more taxpayers pick up the bill. Stop the problem and we all benefit. Apart from a few of course

It wasn’t just one occasion and you know it.

I posted three images within 50 yards in just one road.The whole Labour borough is a ****hole.

You posted nothing. As usual.
Even the Government admitted supply problems.

Only you that didn't have any, everybody else noticed. I'd even suggest supply problems still exist, our local supermarkets have continuing supply issues with regular products. Especially salad items

Sponsored Links
Standard of living isn't affecting everybody, but it is affecting low earners badly.

I don't subscribe to " they shouldn't have children " if they are employed, like you suggest.

Let's address the major issues, and the lesser ones fall into place.

People today, want and expect many more of the luxuries, and they have to have them NOW - than when I grew up. When I grew up it was wait, save and make do and mend. They expect more, generate much more waste, are much less green, and all expect to have cars. When I began work, I peddled 8 miles to work, and 8 miles back home. Imagine modern kids doing that.

People today, want and expect many more of the luxuries, and they have to have them NOW - than when I grew up. When I grew up it was wait, save and make do and mend. They expect more, generate much more waste, are much less green, and all expect to have cars. When I began work, I peddled 8 miles to work, and 8 miles back home. Imagine modern kids doing that.
And none of that changes people not earning enough " to afford children".

In my experience, you can never afford them, but most people manage. Just a few people think low earners should be childless

And none of that changes people not earning enough " to afford children".

In my experience, you can never afford them, but most people manage. Just a few people think low earners should be childless

Of course it does, it must. They cannot afford all the luxuries, and support their kids, then cut down on the luxuries some.

Of course it does, it must. They cannot afford all the luxuries, and support their kids, then cut down on the luxuries some.
Which does not change the fact that many (employed) low earners need Government benefits because of low wages.

People in work should be able to live, not just exist

I'm sure you considered if you could afford children, before having them.
I was brought up as poor as píss. My dad left my poor old Ma for another woman, meaning she had to work bloody hard so that we could have watered down milk on our Weetabix. It wasn't much fun being dragged to the DHSS so she could plead with them for some scraps.

Perhaps pale male stale thinks she should have had us put down when she became poor?

I was brought up as poor as píss. My dad left my poor old Ma for another woman, meaning she had to work bloody hard so that we could have watered down milk on our Weetabix. It wasn't much fun being dragged to the DHSS so she could plead with them for some scraps.

Perhaps pale male stale thinks she should have had us put down when she became poor?
Not put down, just sent off to the poor house

And yet, most of the biggest arrisholes I've had the misfortune to know, came from families who could well afford them.

Decent human beings are shaped through good upbringing, not through the ability to provide them with material things.

There sre some Draco impersonators on this forum
It's why we call it Draconian.
Greek culture again. :rolleyes:

Times change Harry, do you still cycle to work?

Blup

Times change Harry, do you still cycle to work?

Blup

I'm retired, but other than my early work - I worked hundreds/thousands of miles from home and had to use other modes of transport. Our local city spent millions on miles of cycle lanes, seeing any of them in use, is a very rare sight indeed. Avril does often cycle to and from work.

It wasn’t just one occasion and you know it.

I posted three images within 50 yards in just one road.The whole Labour borough is a ****hole.

You posted nothing. As usual.
a photo of an overflowing bin is not evidence.

I could go there just after the bins had been emptied and take a picture, post it on here and claim: "Labour led councils have the cleanest streets" But I won't because It's stupid.

Sponsored Links
Back