Is Stockton on Tees a ****hole?

Sponsored Links
Why is it more difficult to buy a house now?

A =

WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO GET ONTO THE PROPERTY LADDER?​

Property prices have been rising at an incredible rate in recent years, of course, this is usually offset by increases in wages. The gap between house prices and wages are rising rapidly. Here’s how the gap has grown over the years:

property value to income ratio

1996 3.55
2000 4.82
2006 7.01
2019 9.84
2021 10.91

Here is an example of a nurse that can’t afford to live on her wages:

Laura, a trainee nursing associate, said: “I love my job, because I meet inspirational people and I can make a difference each day. I do 13-hour shifts and I work 37.5 hours a week and I am a full-time student apprentice. I come out with £1200 a month after being scorned by the increase of tax and national insurance. I cannot afford to pay my bills most months, so I have to decide what is more important, my energy bill, food shopping, keeping up with mortgage payments have considered getting a job in retail as it would be less stress and I would be better off financially. Something has to change.”

Harry Bloomfield says: “Laura you are a lazy waste of space, you should work harder“

Sponsored Links
Pensioner says he can’t afford his energy bills

This caller broke down as he explained the true impact of the cost of living crisis on ordinary Brits who are already struggling

'I can't afford my heating': Caller bursts into tears as cost of living crisis laid bare​

He revealed he is a 70-year-old disabled pensioner, on a fixed income of £14,800 a year.

Shockingly, he told Nick his gas and electricity bill has doubled already.

"I was paying £109 and now I'm paying £249, and I can't afford it."

Harry Bloomfield says: ”tough sh1t, I’ve no sympathy, he should’ve saved harder”

Laura, a trainee nursing associate, said: “I love my job, because I meet inspirational people and I can make a difference each day. I do 13-hour shifts and I work 37.5 hours a week and I am a full-time student apprentice. I come out with £1200 a month after being scorned by the increase of tax and national insurance. I cannot afford to pay my bills most months, so I have to decide what is more important, my energy bill, food shopping, keeping up with mortgage payments have considered getting a job in retail as it would be less stress and I would be better off financially. Something has to change.”

So really, not that different from me, at that age..

I did, based on the UK needing a good kick up the bum. She certainly did that.

And did UK "need" to give away all its best social housing, at 50% or less of its true value, to the benefit of a small minority of lucky tenants who had done nothing to deserve their good fortune at the expense of others?

Who's that clapping away in the public gallery?

And did UK "need" to give away all its best social housing, at 50% or less of its true value, to the benefit of a small minority of lucky tenants who had done nothing to deserve their good fortune at the expense of others?

Oops, sorry, should I have said "who worked hard to earn this gift?"

I wonder what the effect is, of treating young working people with such contempt?

Oh. Yes, I see. Just what we (don't) need.

"Although student nurses worked a 40 hour week, many were forced to take second jobs “purely to be able to feed themselves and quite often their children”, she said, pointing out that many new recruits were mature adults with families and mortgages.

“What we’re seeing is, when they qualify, their wages aren’t really enough to be able to attract them to want to stay [in the profession]”, she added.

Record numbers of kids going into care.
It isn't only peoples pets who are being handed into shelters because their owners can't afford to look after them.

Costs on average £ 4000 a week to keep a child in care.
Private providers must be making a fortune.
Would probably work out a lot cheaper if the government gave more support to these kids families .

But luckily pensions are better these days

Makes me think of people like Theresa May and David Cameron.

Free university education and plenty of secure jobs when they were young.

No such luck today.
Its still possible to go to Uni and graduate without debt.

Sponsored Links
Back