Is Stockton on Tees a ****hole?

But luckily pensions are better these days

Makes me think of people like Theresa May and David Cameron.

Free university education and plenty of secure jobs when they were young.

No such luck today.

Sponsored Links
True, I will argue with that, but there are plenty of jobs, plenty of money to be earned, for those willing
Oh so the people suffering fuel or food poverty are just lazy.

So, best blow what little income they do get, on frivolities, rather than the essentials of life
WRONG

there are plenty of people who have no frivolities and can’t afford the essentials…like energy and or food.

Self inflicted, living beyond their means for too long, putting nothing away for the rainy days
I find your abject pig headed ignorance disgusting quite frankly.

Let me say this once more, they don’t have enough money to f****g pay for energy and food, they don’t have money to put away.

I'd say they have no desire. Designer clothes, the latest iPhone, a Bully XL and an off-road scrambler are top of their list. The state can look after their actual living needs - it does for their parents and role models, so it will do for them.
We can always rely on Mottie to double down on stupidity.

young people have no chance of getting on the property ladder, it makes f***k all difference how much they save

Sponsored Links
So you got a much better house than a typical young couple today could hope for

Recently done up. Big garden. Nice area.

Yes.

At, what? 50% discount on the then value?

Mind your own business, John.
Since when house prices have rocketed, and wages haven't.

True to some extent, but then I didn't expect or plan it, and the value of it has absolutely no bearing on my fortunes, unless I decide to sell up - which will never happen.
And you like to think your comfortable life comes from working hard and not buying Smashed Avocados on toast?

My easy life now, comes from working hard, saving hard, a lot of being careful with money, and even more of doing without. Like many, I began with nothing.

You sound extremely jealous, John.

young people have no chance of getting on the property ladder, it makes f***k all difference how much they save
Without first time buyers, there would be absolutely no movement in the housing market. It would stagnate. Do you think there’s no movement and stagnation in the housing market?

You sound extremely jealous, John.

Not at all.

I have had some considerable ups and downs, and am now quite comfortable.

But
1) nobody ever gave me a half-price house
And
2) I recognise that young people today have no chance of buying a decent home on average earnings, as I did.

So different from you in two respects.

Fifty years ago there were.

There were plenty of jobs to be had, pay was extremely poor, but plenty of jobs to be had, and there was a work ethic back then. Modern youth simply do not want the hard work I did back then, for a pittance.

Did you know anyone on a zero-hours contract when you were young?

I never had a ZHC, but yes, there were such things about, because I employed people of such contracts back then, and they were grateful for the work.

they were grateful for the work.

I'm sure they would have been much happier with a full time, permanent job on decent pay.

Do you remember your mortgage application form asked "Are you in permanent pensionable employment?"

Nobody on part-time, temp, or zero hours can get a mortgage

Unless Mummy guarantees it.

There were plenty of jobs to be had, pay was extremely poor, but plenty of jobs to be had, and there was a work ethic back then. Modern youth simply do not want the hard work I did back then, for a pittance.

I never had a ZHC, but yes, there were such things about, because I employed people of such contracts back then, and they were grateful for the work.
The point is. There are lots of people working. Even doing part time job as extra.

But still can't even get a mortgage.

Its harder today than it was years ago. I'd never get a mortgage now, just like the working younger (even up to 30 or more).

Rose tinted glasses with no empathy attachments

Sponsored Links
Back