Is Stockton on Tees a ****hole?

Sponsored Links
So then, not all that much more than we paid, back in the day.
You paid 52k under thatchers scheme? Seems unlikely. Perhaps you were earning a fortune and got a big mortgage.

My first house was £10k. Run down and dilapidated but all we could afford on a mortgage of 2xmain salary and 1xsecond. Nowhere near as nice as yours, but I didn't get a handout like you.

But you think you're hard done by and everyone else has it easy.

Sponsored Links
You paid 52k under thatchers scheme? Seems unlikely. Perhaps you were earning a fortune and got a big mortgage.

My first house was £10k. Run down and dilapidated but all we could afford on a mortgage of 2xmain salary and 1xsecond
Our 1st was £22.5 k. All we could afford between us. Our maximum mortgage amount we could raise.

The idea was to have people move from rented, to become responsible home owners, in that it worked very well indeed. A privately owned home is potentially cheaper to maintain, than one where the council have to send an employee out, to fix every minor issue. Most of the now privately owned ex-council homes in this street, have now been extended, in one way or another, the whole street generally looks much more affluent, than it did in council ownership. Houses in the street are much sought after, they rarely even get time to put a 'for sale' notice up.

The idea was the Tory party buying working class votes.

What it achieved was people in council houses getting access to the property ladder cheaply. Great, but they are the ones now sitting on houses worth £400k and they don’t want houses being made affordable because they are sitting on a pile of equity.

Weve moved from houses being a home to houses being an investment

If the govt built a few million council houses which stayed in public authority ownership this country would have a stock of homes for people.

You miss the terribly important point that there are people in society who need social housing, and those people are having to be given huge amounts in housing benefit which go straight to private businesses: housing associations and landlords.

You definitely are jealous of the good fortune of others.
You don’t care about the misfortune of others.

”those lazy nurses, teachers, midwives they should be working 80 hours a week to earn enough to eat. I don’t care I live in a mortgage free house, I’m alright Jack, stuff em”

”those lazy nurses, teachers, midwives they should be working 80 hours a week to earn enough to eat. I don’t care I live in a mortgage free house, I’m alright Jack, stuff em”
He is showing a very lazy viewpoint.

Anybody who hasn't struggled is lazy, nothing to do with getting a helping hand onto the property ladder of course

Pathetic, you should move in with the corp!

Sadly this vicious hatred of the poor and lack of compassion or understanding for the young has built a severe inter-generational divide.

Sadly this vicious hatred of the poor and lack of compassion or understanding for the young has built a severe inter-generational divide.
Get over yourself, severe, your having a laugh.

So, basically the pair of you are of the opinion that because I have worked extremely hard during my working life, been ultra careful with money, and continue to do so, as well as suffering hard times myself - that I should reduce myself back to the level of poverty?

One of you posted the case of a pensioner, in tears, on TV. A pensioner whose pension was much higher than my own, but faced with energy bills double those I pay, which is a complete nonsense. The energy bill is extravagant. Besides which, it was dated 21 January 2022, when he would have received a £500 donation from the government, towards his bill, just as I did. The reason my bills are so much lower than his, even now, are that I am careful, and not extravagant with energy.

As usual, you both talk out of your backends..

Sponsored Links
Back