Is Stockton on Tees a ****hole?

Sponsored Links
So, basically the pair of you are of the opinion that because I have worked extremely hard during my working life, been ultra careful with money, and continue to do so, as well as suffering hard times myself - that I should reduce myself back to the level of poverty?

One of you posted the case of a pensioner, in tears, on TV. A pensioner whose pension was much higher than my own, but faced with energy bills double those I pay, which is a complete nonsense. The energy bill is extravagant. Besides which, it was dated 21 January 2022, when he would have received a £500 donation from the government, towards his bill, just as I did. The reason my bills are so much lower than his, even now, are that I am careful, and not extravagant with energy.

As usual, you both talk out of your backends..
You think you are the only 1 that has done that? Ok.

I started off with nothing, not even a half price house.

Do you think that if you were in a low paid job (or 2) now, you could afford to rent or get a mortgage? let alone waste money on unnecessary things?

Take your blinkers off for a while and have a look around.

I started off with nothing, not even a half price house.

As did I!
Do you think that if you were in a low paid job (or 2) now, you could afford to rent or get a mortgage? let alone waste money on unnecessary things?

Take your blinkers off for a while and have a look around.

People are struggling now, just as I had to do, the difference is what?

Sponsored Links
As did I!

People are struggling now, just as I had to do, the difference is what?
The difference is earnings to house prices mostly. The real issue is earnings value, to live on.

I thought you bought a council house? You didn't pay full market value for it, did you?

Then stop over egging the poverty aspect, because things really are much better now, than when I was that age..
Give em a garage, a bed a mobile to get zombified x box, video games, three bottles of coca cola a day and they're away with the mixer.

Give em a garage, a bed a mobile to get zombified x box, video games, three bottles of coca cola a day and they're away with the mixer.
That's for the average person? Full time working?

Or, like Harry, believing that everybody that is struggling is just lazy and workshy?

I didn't use the word 'everybody', but there are many, many of them, with no work ethic, expecting the state (us) to keep them in comfort.
Guilty of appearing to, suggest at least, that most, if not all, people who are struggling are lazy and workshy.

Lots more people are in the full time employment bracket and struggling than are in the non working and workshy bracket.

Sponsored Links
Back