Is this racist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to sell various items on behalf of my wife's sister, but I'm not sure if this is classed as racist and if it will be accepted on eBay. Personally I think it's a nice piece but! What do you think
IMG20240927104012.jpg

Sponsored Links
Just wait, I bet somebody disagrees with you.
I don't think it is, but a few people I know have said it is.

Sponsored Links
depends if you think he is nicking it or playing it!

Obviously he is playing it

it looks like it is standing on a table so I'm thinking 3 foot tall? is it heavy?, any writing on the base?
tremendous piece - i am thinking that could be worth serious money - don't bung it on ebay without first trying to get it valued.

depends if you think he is nicking it or playing it!

Obviously he is playing it

it looks like it is standing on a table so I'm thinking 3 foot tall? is it heavy?, any writing on the base?
tremendous piece - i am thinking that could be worth serious money - don't bung it on ebay without first trying to get it valued.
No writing on baseand not overly heavy. 72 cm high and double bass seems to be wood. Rest some hollow material. Thanks for your comments. Any offer greatfully received

If it were a "White" person playing the bass would "Black" people find it racist? Or is Racism a hang up of the ignorance of White people.

Just whack it on Ebay.

I think the black statuettes proffering a tray, where you might leave your car keys or whatever, are not really suitable in this day and age, but the 'jazz musicians' are more of a classic and doesn't portray the subject as being subservient in any way. I'm no expert on the matter but that really does look like a fine example, I'd be tempted to have a proper valuation.

Sponsored Links
Back