Israel under attack

Sponsored Links
Yep def

Spent time in Palestinian refugee camp in the Lebanon

She got out prior to the Israeli invasion back than

Think she kept in touch with some she dealt with or be friended there at the time ???
Sabra or Shatila before 1982 per chance?

Ariel Sharon allowed their terrorist allies whilst under Israeli occupation to massacre thousands of innocent civilians in that year...

He was held personally responsible, which by default made him a terrorist...

He became PM of Israel later!

The same with members of proscribed Israeli terrorist groups (Stern gang, Irgun, Haganah etc) who ended up in political power including another terrorist PM - Menachim Begin...

What makes them different from Hamas leaders or previously the PLO leadership?

With nato pinned down by russia, middle east flaring up, there is now talks of something happening to taiwan.

Taiwan are not in nato

What with the Russians pinned down in the Ukraine

There is talk of some thing going to happen in Syria

Poo tins hoppo bashir has got his suit case packed and his plimsols handy

There is also a rumour that some thing is afoot in Belarus

Poo tin abandoned his historic Allie Armenia rumour has it they are making overtures to the USA

Sabra or Shatila per chance?

Ariel Sharon allowed their terrorist allies whilst under Israeli occupation to massacre thousands of innocent civilians...

He was held personally responsible, which by default made him a terrorist...

He became PM of Israel later!

The same with members of proscribed Israeli terrorist groups (Stern gang, Irgun, Haganah etc) who ended up in political power including another terrorist PM - Menachim Begin...

What makes them different from Hamas leaders or previously the PLO leadership?
No idea

She also spent time in either Somalia or Sudan
And Kenya
There used to be a poster in here
Blightymam who also spent time in the Lebanon
She was a journalist

Sponsored Links
Hamas have shown they are complete cowards and murderers...

How many times has Israel been invaded by Arab countries?

How many Arab countries have stated their aim is to drive Israel into the sea?
Don't know, and don't know - how many times is it?

The 6 day war caused most of these problems.

Actions speak louder than words. Israel has forcibly expanded it's territory by invading neighbouring lands. They didn't have to do that, did they?

We support Ukraine in fighting back against Russia, but we don't support people in fighting back against Israel?

As the death toll rises, and the security consequences multiply, Israel is pointing its finger of accusation at Tehran for orchestrating the attacks by Hamas. The attacks may have been born of anger, specifically at the months-long behaviour of the Netanyahu coalition, including the provocations at al-Aqsa mosque, but Iran and the forces it supports have a longer-term strategic goal: to thwart the US-led effort to achieve a normalisation of relations between Saudi Arabia and Israel, a move that would entrench the US in the Middle East – and in Iran’s eyes deprive the Palestinians of their last influential sponsor.

In a speech earlier this week, Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, sent a thinly coded warning to Riyadh that any Gulf state that backed the US was backing the wrong horse. “The definitive stance of the Islamic Republic is that the governments which prioritise the gamble of normalisation with the Zionist regime will incur losses,” he said in remarks carried by Iran’s state-run and semi-official media. “As the Europeans say, they are betting on a losing horse. Today, the situation of the Zionist regime is not one that should motivate closeness to it; they shouldn’t make this mistake.”

The real diplomatic work will be done in private. In the short term, Turkey and Egypt will act as the mediators. Egypt, itself facing elections in two months, cannot afford mayhem in Gaza. The initial Hamas aim will be to make Israel think twice about the scale of its retribution. The Hamas al-Qassam brigades spokesperson Abu Ubaida said: “The number of [Israeli] prisoners is many times greater than what Benjamin Netanyahu announced, and they are present in all axes in the Gaza Strip, and what happens to the people of the Gaza Strip will happen to them, and beware of miscalculation.”

Hezbollah has also sent a message via Egypt to Israel about the potential consequences of a full-blown assault on Gaza. The US for its part is urging Israel to de-escalate, hold off on a ground assault and rely on measures such as cutting the supply of Gaza’s electricity to force Hamas to negotiate. Inside Israel there are also voices calling for calm, saying that after such a security lapse a unity government is required that will allow Netanyahu to end his disastrous reliance on extremists to stay in power. With the lives of so many hostages at stake, retribution will have to be carefully calibrated.

Patrick Wintour@the Guardian

That young woman being taken away in a motorcycle begging for her life and the anguish from her distraught father breaks me up. As a father, I don’t know what I would do. That would be every fathers worst, worst nightmare. Those that would do that are cowards of the worse kind. If it was my daughter, I’d prefer that they had killed her as you just know what’s going to happen to her before they eventually do kill her. I couldn’t get that image out of my head when trying to sleep last night. :cry::cry:

That young woman being taken away in a motorcycle begging for her life and the anguish from her distraught father breaks me up. As a father, I don’t know what I would do. That would be every fathers worst, worst nightmare. Those that would do that are cowards of the worse kind. If it was my daughter, I’d prefer that they had killed her as you just know what’s going to happen to her before they eventually do kill her. I couldn’t get that image out of my head when trying to sleep last night. :cry::cry:
I agree, truly horrific...

But we also have to remember the killings of Palestinians by the IDF and illegal Israeli settlers with the same horror...

The West only seems to be concerned when Israelis are killed, and turn a blind eye when it is the other way around...

That is one of the reasons why this conflict will probably never end...

But as usual it's the innocents on both sides that suffer!

Edit: The US has "called on all 15 members of the security council to strongly condemn "heinous terrorist attacks committed by Hamas"...

Why does the US invariably abstain when the UN adopts multiple resolutions against Israel?

Last edited:
Israel is pointing its finger of accusation at Tehran for orchestrating the attacks
No need to point finger. Both hamas and iran said iran provided support. There is further claims that iran would declare war if the gaza land is invaded. This is quite logical. With nato pinned down, iran would have a free hand to act. Iran also needs to act on account of its alliance obligations with syria. It should be blatantly obvious that when iran acts, syria will also act, to form a pincer strategy.

Last edited:
It could take years to succeed in getting them hostages freed ??

Last hostage release ? Took 5 years

Given the current situation ? Any adult male hostage is un likely to survive ?

This happens in war all the time, rarely we get to see these horrors though.

Hamas have shown they are complete cowards and murderers...
No more so than the IDF pilots and soldiers who target multi storey apartment blocks housing families, without warning, or shooting little boys for throwing stones.
And Israel prevents any outside investigation, and controls all the reporting.

Israel describes their response as retalliatory strikes, which means destroying homes, killing families, inundating hospitals that survive without power.
This war is the result of the displacement of the Palestinian nation from its homeland, and continued oppression of those people by the occupier.

It's like the biblical David and Goliath, only this time Goliath wins, and his people are oppressed for evermore, even ethnically cleansed from their land.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back