Israel under attack

As said by others ( ?) the mad mullers in Tehran are behind this caper

They want to start a wider conflict ?

Way I see you will end up having to deal with these fruit cakes
So May as well start now

Take out flatten Tehran for starters ?

Sponsored Links
And having more or less repeated my comments, you claim I know nothing.
:rolleyes:
I think that you think that Hamas thinks Israel is populated by transphobic homophobes & Israel thinks the Palestinians are all misogynistic racist nazis.

This is the bed that you have made for yourself, now go & lie in it.

Sponsored Links
Quite ironic that Israel is probably being attacked with weapons that they and their biggest allies gave to Ukraine to fight the russians

I think that you think that Hamas thinks Israel is populated by transphobic homophobes & Israel thinks the Palestinians are all misogynistic racist nazis.

This is the bed that you have made for yourself, now go & lie in it.
It's the bed you made for me. And it looks very uncomfortable to me.
It might look comfortable to you, so you sleep on it. :rolleyes:

I don't remember any do's at Kiryat Shimona square. I did go to 3 or 4 parties at Ayelet Hashahar, we got to know a few volunteers there, got on well and got the party invites, we were on Kibbutz Gadot which is literally next door to Ayelet, in fact, apart from one occasion when we borrowed a tractor and trailer, we used to walk there, must have been an hour or two walk across the cotton fields. Gadot was quite small, less than 500 people, Ayelet was a couple of thousand people if I recall correctly.

Happy days.

I was there through much of 1976 and left the kibbutz in Jan or Feb 1977. Several of us headed south and into the Sinai, our aim was to get right down to Ras Mohammed on the southern tip, the approach to Ras Mohammed was a narrow track marked by rocks, minefields either side. There we swam over the coral and watched the nearby sharks. Then onto the Monastery of Santa Catarina at the base of Mount Sinai, climbed Sinai through the night to watch the sunrise, a sight I'll never forget.

One bizarre memory is driving down the coast of the Sinai, we stopped overnight sleeping on the beach at Dahab, an uninhabited wasteland in those days, the next overnight stop we drove into a bay and out of the Desert wasteland there was a mile long concrete promenade with ornamental streetlamps along the length, and at the far end were the shells of two half built hotels, quite eerie. There was a shack halfway along the beach with a guy selling beer and giving diving lessons, apart from a couple of Bedouin he was the only living soul we saw there, the place was called Sharm El Sheik.
Well before my time!

Was the 'Bunker Bar' at Ayelet HaShahar there at your time?
I ended up helping run it for a while for some reason.

Was there for a New Year and the plan was to have a beer for each various volunteers country time zone starting with New Zealand. But there's only so much Nesher/Goldstar one can take!

Did the run down the Sinai on a bus crossing over at Taba - To Nuweiba, Dahab, Sharm El-Sheik

It was still pretty much a wasteland then, and I shall never forget the bus driver refilling with petrol by dropping a bucket into a roadside tanker to transfer fuel. Whilst smoking!

Also did a trip from Israel to Egypt through Gaza, and we stopped and took a dip in the sea there. Such a shame what has happened since then :(

Last edited:
I'm thinking hard but can't come to any conclusions. Hamas must know that Israel would react as they are. Hamas cannot 'win' anything, it could only ever lose & it MUST know this.

So why kick it all off?
Because they feel it's better to die on their feet, than live on their knees.

Yep, very hot...

But I was younger and fitter at the time :)

Thing is the dead sea is now a couple of km away from where it was then.

We slept on the beach, and even then there were armed Israeli police patrolling all night...

Nothing changes in that respect!
I noticed a massive difference in water level from 2013 & 2023.( Off subject) with the Great barrier reef the change also for the worst was amazing in the 15 years between my visits

Last edited by a moderator:
You were at Masada?
Interesting.
The Israeli Army recruits still swear the oath of allegiance atop that mountain, i think.

It was amazing. I wanted to do so much more like go to Jerico. But didn't feel comfortable with my daughter.
Even Jerusalem I didn't risk.

It was amazing. I wanted to do so much more like go to Jerico. But didn't feel comfortable with my daughter.
Even Jerusalem I didn't risk.
There was a tv movie on the Masada last stand - is the Roman ramp used for siege engines still there?
Astonishing labour under those conditions. The archaeology backed up the story for once.
I'd like to visit Jerusalem to get a feel of the atmosphere but doubt i'll ever make it there now - far too many places on my bucket list - and, ironically, too many tourists wandering through streets that have very little to do with the Biblical narrative.

the jubilant scenes here show why Israel in quite right in targeting the Gazeans. They are fully supporting and encouraging Hamas, they must learn to turn their backs on this nasty terrorist organisation.

the jubilant scenes here show why Israel in quite right in targeting the Gazeans. They are fully supporting and encouraging Hamas, they must learn to turn their backs on this nasty terrorist organisation.

Yep that mob would have lynched em if they could have got them

Israeli spokes person said they are animals

It's thought the Israeli's are using Bunker Busters and by the look of this crater it may be so...

4617.jpg

The rubble of the Sousi Mosque, destroyed in an Israeli airstrike, is seen at Shati refugee camp in Gaza City early Monday. Photograph: Hatem Moussa/AP.

Sponsored Links
Back