Last chance….

Sponsored Links
I fear that some people are in for a big disappontment
We've had the Brexit let-down.
I have a low opinion of most politicians, so my expectations are not filled with enthusiasm.
If we can get rid of the grasping greed and the Olympic standard, brazen lying, I'll be content.

The next UK government will inherit a country that is more divided and less equipped for future challenges, reeling from austerity and economic stagnation; Brexit; the Covid-19 pandemic; and the war in Ukraine.The 14-year record of Conservative-led government is not one of simple or singular decline, however, but a series of paradoxes.
I wouldn't disagree with that but would also include the banking crisis It set things in motion and went a long way to things ending as they have. The banks are another external influence. Brexit isn't. Boris's billions didn't flood in. Boarder Force has to be paid for etc.

Brexit is an odd ball in another way, Lots took the gospel and also a not far off similar lot didn't. This has created divisions in the population and also bought up a somewhat distorted view of what the real problems are that we have to face.

I don't think the Westminster theatre helps much either. I came across some political ideas concerning trying to get them to change. Move them out into a brand new office block along with a block of flats for them to use when they needed to attend. Westminster - run re enactments for tourists to watch.

Sponsored Links
We managed to borrow for the Irack war, borrow to bail out the banks, borrow for furlough, we can borrow our way out of austerity.

I fully understand why some folk take this stance. However my take on it is we're lucky enough to live in a democratic country where we can vote freely, we have a number of parties to choose from, and our vote actually contributes to the eventual outcome. In short, it's a democratic vote in a system that's above board. I sometimes think of those that can't vote because of the country they live in or they can vote, however it's almost if not entirely a futile exercise because the outcome is already decided.

Taking extremes, think of living in the UK and our voting system vs living in North Korea and theirs.

So when I weigh all of that up, I elect to vote.

Btw, if all the usual suspects are gearing up to reply with stuff like ...

Oh so you think we live in a democratic country? lol!!!
You think your vote counts?!? lol!!!
You think there are differences between the parties?!? lol!!!
It's our right NOT to vote you know!!!
It's as futile an exercise voting here as voting in North Korea!!!
You think our voting system is immune from corruption?!? lol!!!

... there, I've saved you the bother.
Our system isn't perfect, and it could be better.

But it could easily be worse

Reform need to get their sh*t together. Tories will need someone strong to clean up the mess, labour will leave behind. Record breaking majorities can be destroyed in months.
Labour, or anybody, will be in trouble from day 1.

Because of the mess the Tories have put us in.

Why talk of speculation when there are actual facts

Sponsored Links
Back