Less Stuff - More Joy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You know we're all going to have to start sooner than later, as the govt. is committed to cleaner energy, electric cars, etc...:mrgreen:by the end of the decade.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That's a mighty fine pickin' n' a-lickin', right there:cool: Now y'all heard the word, whatcha gonna do?

Yes, let's all take the jump into having less. Meanwhile, the rich will continue to have more and more ...

Not sure if this is the point of the thread, I get the point about money/stuff not bringing us happiness etc, I can see that to a large extent e.g. better to be content in a bedsit than not content in a mansion.

However, on balance, I would like to have more stuff and especially more £££ so I could do more with my life, much of which takes MONEY!

Everyone seems resigned and even happy to have the same people in charge and
ruining our lives forever.

It shows you that the state brainwashing works.

Yes, let's all take the jump into having less. Meanwhile, the rich will continue to have more and more ...

Not sure if this is the point of the thread, I get the point about money/stuff not bringing us happiness etc, I can see that to a large extent e.g. better to be content in a bedsit than not content in a mansion.

However, on balance, I would like to have more stuff and especially more £££ so I could do more with my life, much of which takes MONEY!
Take a look at the link to see the point, and i get you could do with more money - it's why i do the Postcode Lottery - but why buy so much when you can do just as much with less. Shoes, for an example, why would someone buy so many pairs when they can get by with fewer.

Take a look at the link to see the point, and i get you could do with more money - it's why i do the Postcode Lottery - but why buy so much when you can do just as much with less. Shoes, for an example, why would someone buy so many pairs when they can get by with fewer.
I think in that sense I already tick a lot of those boxes. Got my car new in 2008, still running it. If I buy a pair of trainers, jeans, t-shirts etc I'll still look on them as being 'new' 5+ years down the line and a year or two or three can easily go by where I buy no clothes. Same with my house, moved in 11ish years ago, bought some stuff to make it habitable, still got all the same stuff.

Having said all that, I'd still like £££ in the bank to do what I want when I want (within some sort of reason) without needing to think of the cost.

Seems like one of them nudge articles Klaus Schwab would promote.
"You'll own nothing and be happy"

We come into this world naked, and leave the same way...

It's the bit in between that is important...

Some believe that self enrichment is good, even though it usually comes at a cost to others...

Some on the other hand think that everyone deserves a fair chance in life...

And it's obviously the case that some of those who are 'successful' in life share that success, whilst others indulge themselves and don't give a monkey's about who they had to step on in order to get to where they believed they wanted to get to...

So fess up...

Which category do you belong to?

We come into this world naked, and leave the same way...

It's the bit in between that is important...

Some believe that self enrichment is good, even though it usually comes at a cost to others...

Some on the other hand think that everyone deserves a fair chance in life...

And it's obviously the case that some of those who are 'successful' in life share that success, whilst others indulge themselves and don't give a monkey's about who they had to step on in order to get to where they believed they wanted to get to...

So fess up...

Which category do you belong to?
I reckon everyone deserves a fair chance, however as we all know the world is a complex place where, for a variety of reasons, some will never have that chance. I've said it all before and won't get into protracted discussions on it. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. Good wholesome people aside, the world is full of people that, to varying degrees want control, power, often with a dash of greed and corruption thrown in for good measure. Has always been that way, will always be that way.

In addition, although it's not a popular thing to say, some folk are bone idle lazy almost from cradle to grave. I'm not even saying that against them, just stating the fact. We have people that are driven and want to succeed (whatever success means to them) and we have folk that just want to sit on the sofa all day watching tv. And of course every flavour between.

So yeah, everyone deserves a fair chance, however some choose to do nothing with it, even if they have the opportunities available to them.

Sponsored Links
Back