Less Stuff - More Joy

Seems like one of them nudge articles Klaus Schwab would promote.
"You'll own nothing and be happy"
How that phrase is interpreted could have two different meanings. One would be that you have absolutely nothing but are happy, or two, which is more likely in present times, that most of your possessions are on the drip, so you don't own them, but you are happy to have the use of them.

Sponsored Links

All sounds a bit extravagant to me. I tend to have a lot of most things, but I make what I have got last an extremely long time. I have never been a follower of fashion, I'm far to practical for that. My thickest winter coat is 30+ years old, I have shoes I bought up to 15 years ago. I never change anything just for the sake of change, there has to be a real need. I'm able to fix many things, and my go to is to attempt a fix no matter what the article which needs fixing. Last time I splashed the cash, was some three years ago, to replace three old dumb TV's with new smart ones, in part to save on energy, so not entirely wasted :)

Sponsored Links
All that link needs Denso is some mood music with frolicking lambs and fluffy bunnies.
Perhaps, just pointing out who came up with quote in your post and what it actually means. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy story though eh....

How that phrase is interpreted could have two different meanings. One would be that you have absolutely nothing but are happy, or two, which is more likely in present times, that most of your possessions are on the drip, so you don't own them, but you are happy to have the use of them.
Sounds more like an order to me. When we follow china's example where the banks hold your money and freeze it (Canadian truckers) if you don't follow the script making you a social outcast if you don't follow orders.

Or even better, the person who coined the phrase. Very forward thinking...

"refuse, reuse, reduce, recycle..." makes a good deal of sense. We've been doing it for years.
Who wouldn't want to see fewer cars on the roads, less congestion and pollution as a result? Plant-based burgers aren't so bad, i got used to them and with a splash of sauce makes a tasty meal. And no lambs need be harmed, so they can frolic wherever they like. :mrgreen:

You will own nothing & you will be happy.

A phrase that should strike the fear of your Gods into your very soul.

Yet you shall not notice the danger, lest it interrupts your experience of shelebs pretending to eat insects in the jungle, the pathetic antics of rich kids, love island & just about anything else on your tellyvideo that you think is a part of the real world.

You deserve that what is coming.

We seem to do ok ish from the 6 things.
Haven't flown since 2018.
I have only bought second hand clothes (save for pants n socks) for 3 years (Depop is good)
Much more plant based food by default: women in my life are veggie and vegan leaning.
Sofas are 27 and 15 years old respectively. Cooker 12, kitchen 27 (updated about 15 ago, same units)

We try.

PS, this is a great veggie burger recipe:

I have only bought second hand clothes (save for pants n socks) for 3 years (Depop is good)
Much more plant based food by default: women in my life are veggie and vegan leaning.
Sofas are 27 and 15 years old respectively. Cooker 12, kitchen 27 (updated about 15 ago, same units)

We try.

:LOL::LOL: See post #9.

I buy Nike because they are made better for my feet than other trainers. My next toe caps shoes are going to cost me over £200. It's worth me spending the money to keep my feet in good condition. However I have Fat face clothing that's still going after 10 years or so. I buy Hondas as they run and run and run. I've got no intention of spending £400 +per month on a new flash motor. Unless its a van.

We try.

Herself weaned me on to veggie meats over ten years ago now and they have that meaty-munchy taste to give an allusion to red meat, but i still like my chicken dinner and no way can i give up sausages. The veggie versions are alright i suppose, i like the red onion/rosemary. I can't get on with Quorn, though. It has an odd texture, but the best way i've found to get the protein and stay veggie-kosher is mushrooms. 'Shrooms are so versatile you can put 'em in just about anything and i've become a dab hand with a stir-fry.
It's all come a long way from the nut cutlets and lentils you used to find in the 70s.

Sponsored Links
Back