New Triton shower leaking from bottom

Sponsored Links
Since I reconnected everything exactly the red power light started flashing on and off at some point.

Not familiar with this shower but it possibly means low water pressure, press the stop/start button to see if it goes off, ensure water restored, start the shower, do you get water, is the power light flashing on/off.

Not familiar with this shower but it possibly means low water pressure, press the stop/start button to see if it goes off, ensure water restored, start the shower, do you get water, is the power light flashing on/off.
Yes that was the culprit. It happens in our aera often. United Utilities

Sponsored Links
What position is the temperature control in now with that blown PRD?

What position is the temperature control in now with that blown PRD?
hard to say as there are no numbered increments.

I was thinking if I got a small piece of hose and attached it to the hole of the overflow with a glue gun , it would divert the water into the bath away from the edge rather than ripping off the sealant.

hard to say as there are no numbered increments.
A clock reference will do, is it at say 12 o'clock or 1 o'clock or 2 o'clock, mine, is at 10 o'clock just now due to high mains temp. of course the mains isn't supplying a failed PRD as well.

It does have a button to stop water flow and the filter shower head causes a greater amount of water to gush out the bottom of the relief value than the Triton. I have purchased a 6 pack so perhaps worth cleaning the shower heads of possible scale and trying the filter once again making sure the button isn't pressed. Since washing with chlorinated water my hair is definitely in worse condition. Why they add this without choice is ridiculous.
Chlorine is added to all domestic water supplies to kill bugs that can cause serious diseases like cholera. Since water is distributed to everyone via a single network of pipes there can be no choice as to whether or not your water has chlorine in it.

I had a different filter shower head on my old Triton which I was using. I sold it and bought a more sophisticated one which of course the new Triton doesn't like, even though they are sold in their thousands on Amazon.

IMO, its the shower head stop button that caused the problem and not the filter resistance, try and buy one without the stop button or maybe figure out some way of permanently disabling the stop button.

I had a different filter shower head on my old Triton which I was using. I sold it and bought a more sophisticated one which of course the new Triton doesn't like, even though they are sold in their thousands on Amazon.

Caveat emptor!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back