No doubt hate crime on the rise.

The fact that the police have said so

For someone who is supposedly au fait with things legal, you are either not very good with words, or are very crafty with them.
Which is why I worded my question as I did.

"Having no evidence to suggest it may be a hate crime", is very different to "Having evidence to suggest it is not a hate crime".

Sponsored Links
What heading would you put it under until its proven not to be
a Murder investigation
"Having no evidence to suggest it may be a hate crime", is very different to "Having evidence to suggest it is not a hate crime".
I'm not suggesting that there is proof it isn't a hate crime. Proving an impossibility or evidence of absence is often an impossibility. Which is why you don't call something a spanner, until you are certain it isn't a spanner.

Here is a spanner
why do you think its a spanner?
I don't, I just don't have evidence it's not a spanner.
So you are calling it a spanner, even though there is no evidence to suggest its a spanner?
yes.

It is beyond nonsense.

I'm not suggesting that there is proof it isn't a hate crime.

You are using a lot of words - sometimes nonsensically - to express your objection to the, albeit tentative and unproven, category of "hate crime".

Why is it recorded as a hate crime if it isn't?

In accordance with guidance, probably.

Like referring themselves to the Police Complaints thingummy (as a matter of procedure), when a feral scrote kills themselves while wheelieing through a town centre, with a police car being in the same postcode at the time..........

Sponsored Links
The Met Police said the evidence gathered so far does not suggest there was a homophobic motive, but the case has been classified as a hate crime under national guidelines.

Maybe he hated their dress sense.?

Why is it recorded as a hate crime if it isn't?
You better ask the met police.

Apparently "The evidence gathered so far does not suggest there was a homophobic motive in this case, but officers have followed national guidelines and have initially categorised the incident as a hate crime."

For what its worth the total number of murders classified as hate crimes by the met police from 2012 to 2022 was exactly 2.

The question is why do you have a policy to classify something as a hate crime when there is no evidence to suggest it is.

Particularly noting the process the cps will apply.

The obvious outcome will be to record an increase in hate crimes that includes crimes that are not hate crimes.

The question is why do you have a policy to classify something as a hate crime when there is no evidence to suggest it is.

Particularly noting the process the cps will apply.

The obvious outcome will be to record an increase in hate crimes that includes crimes that are not hate crimes.
Where does any of that say that crimes which are not hate crimes should be recorded as such?

Are you questioning their application of the policy or my interpretation of it ?

Sponsored Links
Back