No doubt hate crime on the rise.

Sponsored Links
It was and you can read it.

Note the word initially has now been added. It’s almost as if they had some feedback.

See the original news bulletin in the original post and also reported here.

So no evidence of a hate crime but investigated as one anyway.

So you are suggesting they were wrong to class it as a hate crime when there was no evidence that it was?

I did find something which mentioned recommendations from the Stephen Lawrence inquiry and how hate crimes should be recorded accurately so things like the numbers could be monitored.

It might not affect the sentence but still important that it is recorded correctly I would have thought.

It was classed as a hate crime purely so that the guidelines about investigating are followed.
If it's not classed as a hate crime, obvious investigation techniques or relevant details could be ignored, leading to later criticism, such as certain infamous historical cases.

Sponsored Links
see quotes in original post and also the one above.

No evidence that its a hate crime, but they are recording it as such anyway.
They are treating it as a hate crime simply so that relevant investigation techniques are employed.

You understand that is the whole point of the thread?
The whole point of the thread appears to be to moan about crimes that are treated as hate crimes, for investigation guidelines to be followed.

Do you not want the police to investigate crimes that might be considered as hate crimes.?
Because that's seems to be the point of the thread, to discourage the police from investigating potential hate crimes.

It was and you can read it.

Note the word initially has now been added. It’s almost as if they had some feedback.

See the original news bulletin in the original post and also reported here.

So no evidence of a hate crime but investigated as one anyway.
If it's not investigated as a hate crime, and it later emerges that it was a hate crime, there would be considerable political and financial repercussions.
Better to be safe than sorry.

The evidence gathered so far does not suggest there was a homophobic motive in this case, but officers have followed national guidelines and have initially categorised the incident as a hate crime. This classification will assist in shaping elements of the investigation. It will be reviewed as any clearer evidence of a specific motive becomes available
Oh no! They'll review it as the investigation goes on!

This is clear proof that hate crime statistics are being inflated as part of the woke Illuminatis plan. The woke Illuminati plan being established by *checks notes* Suella Braverman.

I can't believe this is upsetting mbk so much.

I don't believe it's been recorded as a hate crime (it may yet be), but is being investigated as such (because of the obvious possibility) until such time as it is proven that it is or isn't.

I wonder if mbk thinks every crime should be just on a long list and not given any specific speciality investigations or resources.

So you don't believe the Met, when they say its been categorised as a Hate Crime?

The criteria is not - classify something as a hate crime based on the possibility that it might be. That would be ridiculous.

I'd quite like the police to investigate the murder and follow the evidence. Not possibly artificially inflate hate crime statistics to show they are solving hate crime.

If you are on a KPI to find spanners and have the ability to classify everything in your toolbox as a spanner, I suspect you will find a lot of spanners.

So you don't believe the Met, when they say its been categorised as a Hate Crime?

The criteria is not - classify something as a hate crime based on the possibility that it might be. That would be ridiculous.

I'd quite like the police to investigate the murder and follow the evidence. Not possibly artificially inflate hate crime statistics to show they are solving hate crime.

If you are on a KPI to find spanners and have the ability to classify everything in your toolbox as a spanner, I suspect you will find a lot of spanners.
It was classified as a hate crime because the victims were homosexual.
What's so hard to understand about this, you spanner? :unsure:

Following the guidelines for investigating potential hate crimes does not preclude the investigation of the crime nor the following of evidence.
To not consider the possibility of the crime as a hate crime would probably miss, ignore, or dismiss evidence that would prove that it was a hate crime.

When the bomb squad respond to possible bomb threats, they start from the assumption that it is a bomb. They don't dismiss the possibility only to re-classify it as a genuine bomb after the obvious repercussions.

Sponsored Links
Back