Nurse Lucy Letby charged with 8 counts of murder and 10 counts of attempted murder

Another commentator implied that the police only handed those cases to tne prosecution expert where LL had been present at or around the incidents in question. So creating the case...??

The chart/spreadsheet, was restricted to the more serious reactions, resulting in death, ignoring the many others which occurred when she was not there. Then when she was removed from duty, and at the same time - their procedures were changed drastically to improve care - so deaths naturally declined, which they cited as confirmation of her as the cause of deaths. The autopsies and analyses, were only set up to look for certain things, not the concentration levels - some of which could have naturally occurred in the bodies.

Hospital staff, were overkeen to find a reason, and reason for the deaths, so grasped her as perhaps a scapegoat.

From what I read - Her defence failed to adequately challenge any of these issues, employed no experts, basically putting up a minimal defence/throwing her under the bus.

Absolutely not saying she is innocent, only that the conviction seems very unsafe to me. She will end up being released, and awarded compensation.

Sponsored Links
I don't think appeals consider arguments not presented by the defence at the original trial.
If those arguments existed but were not used, then I think the appeal is rejected.
The lack of a good defence lawyer, or poor performance of that lawyer is not grounds for appeal, as I understand it.
The appeal considers new evidence, not evidence that existed, and was known about, but was not used by the defence.
The evidence didn't exist in the sense that the defence weren't aware of the arguments. The court of appeal just said they could have raised it, not that they held that evidence and declined to use it. We will never know why it wasn't pursued because the conversations between client and lawyer are kept confidential. I suspect the legal team were simply not up to it, given the complexity of the maths. Or the experts they approached weren't interested or able enough.

The chart/spreadsheet, was restricted to the more serious reactions, resulting in death, ignoring the many others which occurred when she was not there. Then when she was removed from duty, and at the same time - their procedures were changed drastically to improve care - so deaths naturally declined, which they cited as confirmation of her as the cause of deaths. The autopsies and analyses, were only set up to look for certain things, not the concentration levels - some of which could have naturally occurred in the bodies.

Hospital staff, were overkeen to find a reason, and reason for the deaths, so grasped her as perhaps a scapegoat.

From what I read - Her defence failed to adequately challenge any of these issues, employed no experts, basically putting up a minimal defence/throwing her under the bus.

Absolutely not saying she is innocent, only that the conviction seems very unsafe to me. She will end up being released, and awarded compensation.
There are big question marks hanging over the conviction, but as you say that is not the same as saying definitely not guilty.

I think compensation is only paid, when malpractice or some form of miscarriage of justice is determined.,
The jury simply making the wrong decision would not cause compensation to be paid.

Sponsored Links
There are big question marks hanging over the conviction, but as you say that is not the same as saying definitely not guilty.
Indeed it isn't saying that, but then there have been conviction cases of 'shaken baby syndrome' which were overturned...

Due to 'expert witnesses' being shown to be anything but, and those trying to get to the truth suffering for speaking out!

Link

"Expert witnesses who claim parents have been wrongly accused have been vilified and struck off"

. I suspect the legal team were simply not up to it, given the complexity of the maths. Or the experts they approached weren't interested or able enough
If the case was too complicated for her legal team ,what does that say about the Jury.

If the case was too complicated for her legal team ,what does that say about the Jury.
It’s not their job to ask for evidence or speculate what else might exist. The shift pattern chart seen by the jury only showed the neo- natal deaths she was charged with, so the jury had nothing else to go on. That said one of the few not guilty findings in the post office cases were in NI so credit to them for applying common sense

They can only judge what is revealed to them.

Is it a safe verdict or not?

Death sentence would be obviously risky? Let's see those that demand it justify it here

From gov.uk

ow jury service works​

If you get a jury summons in the post, you must respond within 7 days and confirm if you can attend.
Your name was chosen randomly from the electoral register.
You’ll be part of a jury of 12 people to decide the outcome of a criminal trial.

11 on the Lucy Letby jury.
Link ?

I found...

On Monday, July 1, Mr Justice James Goss gave his directions of law to the jury of six women and six men at Manchester Crown Court over the allegation she attempted to murder a baby girl, Child K, while she worked a night shift at the Countess of Chester Hospital's neo-natal unit in February 2016

Link ?

I found...

On Monday, July 1, Mr Justice James Goss gave his directions of law to the jury of six women and six men at Manchester Crown Court over the allegation she attempted to murder a baby girl, Child K, while she worked a night shift at the Countess of Chester Hospital's neo-natal unit in February 2016

7 women and 4 men.

Sponsored Links
Back