Old Conservatives don't understand

Sponsored Links
It's not the model, its the ridiculous ideals that the public sector always try to be "best in class" when "just good enough" will do. It's probably the profile of those suited to working in local government to blame. They'd rather spent time discussing 30 year plans, which tell them nothing, than being agile and creative.

it would be very easy for local councils to build homes, sell them at 50% discount after 5 years of renting them and repeat the process.

Housing association don’t run their maintenance side or outsourcing of maintenance at a loss

Therefore they make a profit.

I am sorry you keep being wrong, how embarrassing for you

Oh dear me, that’s the worst comment you’ve posted!

Private landlords you initially stated! No you try and palm us off with that nonsense.

Please try

If you think that’s what I’ve said I can’t help you
If that’s not what you meant, then you are contradicting this:

I know a gas engineer and what the council pay him to fit a standard combi is unbelievable! Close to twice the price you’d expect to pay.

Just one example of money wasting

You are all over the place.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear me, that’s the worst comment you’ve posted!

Private landlords you initially stated! No you try and palm us off with that nonsense.

Please try
I didn’t say private landlords

it would be very easy for local councils to build homes, sell them at 50% discount after 5 years of renting them and repeat the process.
Then their 30 year plan is shot to bits. I don't know why you keep ignoring that.

It's not the model, its the ridiculous ideals that the public sector always try to be "best in class" when "just good enough" will do. It's probably the profile of those suited to working in local government to blame. They'd rather spent time discussing 30 year plans, which tell them nothing, than being agile and creative.

Motorbiking conveniently ignores the fact outsourcing means shareholders profits come first

If that’s not what you meant, then you are contradicting this:

You are all over the place.
I’m stating the council waste money on outsourcing, sure you can grasp that ?

Yes, first hand. Councils/HA's just don't have the resources to do everything in house that comes up.
So they outsource and pay well over the odds for it.

Can we agree on that ?

No. It's frequently cheaper than running a complete in house department.
Why after all this time are councils moving back to direct labour then?

Almost like they think outsourcing is unprofitable, in fact that is the gist in the link.

Sponsored Links
Back