Old Conservatives don't understand

Sponsored Links
I support getting the best value for tenants, however that is done.
What a splines answer

So direct labour then? As most councils are moving back to that.

Unless you agree with Thatchers idea instead ?

Sponsored Links
You make an excellent case for a profitable right to buy model run by local government.
I make an excellent case for councils owning social housing.
Because it’s better if the state own assets, it save money

I’ve nothing against right to buy, provided councils replace more homes than they sell.

If councils owned plenty of social housing that would stabilise the market and reduce property being made an investment rather than a home for people to live in.

It was implied.

Only the maintenance company or contractor make money out of maintenance. Oh dear me
thank you for admitting you were wrong

shame you are too much of a coward to openly admit it, but that’s who you are

And no it absolutely was not implied, the debate was councils owning social housing being cheaper than paying out housing benefit and thus paying the private sector for house ownership + maintenance.

No, I don't agree with Thatcher's model.

Tendering may be better in some circumstances. Give me some real world figures and I'll give you a specific answer on a specific case.
I’m not that interested in it. I just think councils should run as much as possible in house.

Right to buy wasn’t a brilliant idea, but there’s been worse.

thank you for admitting you were wrong

shame you are too much of a coward to openly admit it, but that’s who you are

And no it absolutely was not implied, the debate was councils owning social housing being cheaper than paying out housing benefit and thus paying the private sector for house ownership + maintenance.
It was implied and you know it.

Show me the post and well see lol

Housing benefit is a huge cost.

The reason it is a huge cost is because social housing is managed by private landlords and they are making money out of their asset because they can link rental value to market rates, and no doubt by doing so they make money on the maintenance.
That’s the post!

So are you going to deny that states private landlords make money out of maintenance?

Would you like to say sorry or keep digging ?

@Notch7

Sponsored Links
Back