Old Conservatives don't understand

Sponsored Links
I make an excellent case for councils owning social housing.
Because it’s better if the state own assets, it save money

I’ve nothing against right to buy, provided councils replace more homes than they sell.

If councils owned plenty of social housing that would stabilise the market and reduce property being made an investment rather than a home for people to live in.
I also like the idea of councils building homes, selling them after renting them for a few years, to needy people and using the profits to build more.
Of course it relies on competence within local government to achieve either goal. it would appear they need outside help just to create a chocolate teapot.

needy people and using the profits to build more.

Tell us about the profits you can make by selling an asset for less than its value.

How much money have you made by doing that? Is that how you got to be so rich you like to brag about it?

Then tell us about the mortgage a disabled or homeless person on benefits, or a full-time carer, or a person on minimum wage or a zero-hours contract can get.

Or do you mean the prosperous needy?

Sponsored Links
Not sustainable, Councils aren't property developers.
Remind me who built all the council houses that were sold off?
Tell us about the profits you can make by selling an asset for less than its value.
Already done - you ignore the answer.
How much money have you made by doing that? Is that how you got to be so rich you like to brag about it?
. Either you want to know or you don't want to know - which is it.
Then tell us about the mortgage a disabled or homeless person on benefits, or a full-time carer, or a person on minimum wage or a zero-hours contract can get.
I have no problem with some of the money, I pay in taxes going to help those people.

You appear to be outraged about how taxes paid by me are spent, Its kind of you to worry, but you don't need to concern yourself.

Total avoidance by motorbiking

I'm sure he is fully aware that a truly needy person has zero chance of getting a mortgage and buying a house.

And that he has never sold a house for less than its value

His pretended concern is just a cynical act.

Remind me who built all the council houses that were sold off?
Irrelevant, they are forced to sell, it is not by choice. Why are all tenants not given the same opportunity? Should they be?

Total avoidance by motorbiking

I'm sure he is fully aware that a truly needy person has zero chance of getting a mortgage and buying a house.

And that he has never sold a house for less than its value

His pretended concern is just a cynical act.

Again - its all been discussed.

I invite you to review the rules for applying for a council house and the rules applied to any discounts you qualify for should you wish to buy it after a period of time.

It's easy for council's to make the scheme work, but they don't want to. Easier to moan about it

Sponsored Links
Back