Open vented system, No HW or CH, BAXI 80HE boiler shows Ignition Lockout after tried to start a few times

Sponsored Links
Was that with HW&CH or just HW?

You said you would do the HW only test today with pump to CP2, if you do just monitor the boiler flow&return temps + pump power.

If the cylinder stat is set to 60C then the boiler will never cut out with a flow temperature of 62C, requires ~ 70C.

So, with HW&CH on boiler output is, 13.3*60*9/860, 8.35kw, hardly enough to keep the boiler from cycling.

Sponsored Links
I checked the HW only now and the pump shows 34W on CP2 while the temp readings on the boiler flow is 60C and return 50C.

Same flowrate as with HW+CH, 0.8m3/hr, 13.33LPM, dT, 10C, blr output, 13.33*60*10/860, 9.3kw, just enough to keep the boiler constantly firing, will probably change depending on the cylinder temperature.

I don't think you can do much more now, bearing in mind the thread title was about ignition lockout which has gone away.

What would be the long term solution? To have HW firing on demand?

I have this problem every spring to summer.

Yes, your best bet is to fire the HW only, say a hour or so in the morning before the CH and something the same in the afternoon/evening.
In the summer, you require HW only so you could change to CC3 @ 6.4M but as the pump will be running at full power, 45W, you should get ~ 0.88/0.9m3/hr, say 14.6LPM, at 5.4M, which will squeeze a bit more out of the coil and keep the boiler running continuously for longer.
Of course increasing the boiler flow temp to max will give another boost and not cost a fortune in the summer with HW demand only.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back