Passport rules...

It also of course makes a passport more expensive...

Since unless you renew on the exact expiry date you don't get up to 9 months added on anymore!
yep book a holiday costing hundreds / thousands and get upset about the around £5 quid extra your passport has cost you

Sponsored Links
can you explain why the passport was invalid then ?
why are you struggling to understand the article. Its simple you book a holiday you check the country your travelling to passport requirements same as we done the past 3 years with covid entry requirements

I did.

Nothing can be both valid and invalid as you claim.
You didn't understand it then. The passport was fully valid. But invalid for travel. It was in date, with sufficient reserve time on it.
it was just issued too long ago.

valid, but invalid

Sponsored Links
why are you struggling to understand the article. Its simple you book a holiday you check the country your travelling to passport requirements same as we done the past 3 years with covid entry requirements
It's not me that's struggling though.

You didn't understand it then. The passport was fully valid. But invalid for travel. It was in date, with sufficient reserve time on it.
it was just issued too long ago.

valid, but invalid
yeah and if i want to travel to certain countries my fully valid 10 year passport with only 5 months left on it is not valid

Therefore it was invalid. Have you just got out of bed this morning with a thick head.
It is not invalid. It is in date, with sufficient reserve time left on it, and can be used legally as proof of identity and for travel. But was invalid, FOR TRAVEL TO EU, a new rule.

Apply for a new passport with the remaining time added on to the new 1.

Always been the case
so you mean apply for a new passport not very handy when someone is on a back packing tour and standing at a border being refused entry is it.
And are extra months still added would you like to check that one

so you mean apply for a new passport not very handy when someone is on a back packing tour and standing at a border being refused entry is it.
And are extra months still added would you like to check that one
No. Going back to this examplke. She had sufficient time remaining on her passport. That's a basic check everybody does, or expect to have issues. That wasn't why She was refused travel.

It was a new rule. Do you have another new rule too ?

No. Going back to this examplke. She had sufficient time remaining on her passport. That's a basic check everybody does, or expect to have issues. That wasn't why She was refused travel.

It was a new rule. Do you have another new rule too ?
i see by your none answer to can extra months be added to passports you are struggling with passport rules as this woman also was .
And NO she clearly didnt have sufficient time left otherwise she would have been allowed to board basic check your passport is valid for your destination

Sponsored Links
Back