Passport rules...

It is not invalid. It is in date, with sufficient reserve time left on it, and can be used legally as proof of identity and for travel. But was invalid, FOR TRAVEL TO EU, a new rule.
But it is not a new rule having been a regulation for over a year and put in place by the EU as another example of being petty minded!

Sponsored Links
i see by your none answer to can extra months be added to passports you are struggling with passport rules as this woman also was .
And NO she clearly didnt have sufficient time left otherwise she would have been allowed to board basic check your passport is valid for your destination
got most of your facts wrong in there. She had 8 months remaining on her passport was the big 1.

And are extra months still added would you like to check that one

That changed in 2018. So yes, another new rule. Wasn't aware that had been changed. All my previous and current passports have had the extra time added on.

Sponsored Links
Gas112 clearly understands it. You don’t sunshine.

eh some countries you need 3 months validity at the end of your trip others require 6 months nothing new there. Some require it just to be valid till end of trip
This is the fact of the issue. The catch (noted about 2-3 years back) is that...

In the past, you could send your old passport off, say 3 months before expiry...
That (like MOTs used to) gave you a 10 year and 3 months passport. Great
But, the EU requires a passport LESS than 10 years old AND three months left after your return date FOR NON EU STATES.

Some people were caught out cos they had an 'in-date' passport that didn't meet the jonny foreigners' rules.

It was well publicised. I think it's on Easy, Eurotunnell, websites. Or was. Ending FOM caused the rule (already was for non EU states) to be enforced- it's not a new rule.

EDIT missed a few explanations above, sorry...

That changed in 2018. So yes, another new rule. Wasn't aware that had been changed. All my previous and current passports have had the extra time added on.
so yet again you didnt know what you were talking about ,glad we cleared that up

Headline:

Briton with valid passport barred from flight over Brexit rules​

Should read: Briton with passport that is invalid for EU travel barred from flight.

Woman kicks up after turning up at airport without visa for india refused boarding . she says i cant understand it i dont need a visa if i was going to spain

Sponsored Links
Back