Russell Brand.

I confess I was a big fan of his years back, loved the stand up routines, loved the Jonathan Ross interviews, bought and enjoyed his book, in which he details his outrageous promiscuity, he was a breath of fresh air. But, his star waned for me when he became too political with his youtube stuff, too left wing, I'm not keen on millionaires telling me how I should support the poor, marrying Katy Perry and divorcing in less than two years was questionable, but for me the one thing that turned me against the bloke was the messages left on Andrew Sachs answerphone about him shagging his grand daughter, that was the final straw. I still can't believe Jonathan Ross got involved in that, he's paid the price in demotions but is lucky to have a job at all.

He wont work in the mainstream after this, and quite rightly so, he's a ***t.

I still have a slight nagging doubt, was he 'taken down' because of his sexual behaviour, or was it because of his youtube content which some might describe as conspiracy theory stuff, the 'sexual behaviour' has been known about for years, the youtube agitating is fairly recent.

Sponsored Links
I still have a slight nagging doubt, was he 'taken down' because of his sexual behaviour, or was it because of his youtube content which some might describe as conspiracy theory stuff, the 'sexual behaviour' has been known about for years, the youtube agitating is fairly recent.
Think you've answered your own question.
Always struck me as a weather vane for the establishment to draw people into the plot, bit like Farage.
Looks like he might have got to giddy.

Some bloke I knew on another forum years ago said he was in his class at school in Grays I think and said he was a bit of a knob and not really liked by anybody. I’ve never liked him since he told my daughter to 'move on' when she had her photo took with KP.

Last edited:
What happened to that old concept of innocent untill proven guilty ???

Or does that go down the collective toilet in his case ???

I don't think he's being prosecuted.

He could sue for libel, but if there are a number of credible witnesses, will he be able to defeat them?

It might do his reputation even more damage.

Sponsored Links
Feel the same to an extent, i used to enjoy his early material meeting people in clubs off their nut, normally him included. But after that i felt his ego preceded him.
I concur there are some people in positions of power who want him discredited. Channel4 and the other media outlets should be called out on this.

I don't think he's being prosecuted.

He could sue for libel, but if there are a number of credible witnesses, will he be able to defeat them?

Fair comment John, but his future TV career looks about as promising as Huw Edwards does.

He was performing at a sell out venue tonight, how many of those will go onto his you tube videos now.
Could get messy.

I never understand the law on these situations

Obviously there’s no evidence.
Can it go to court based on the word of another person?
Does it depend on whether enough people come forward?

I realise once in court it depends on what the jury decide - but since it’s a celebrity, they will be biased.

I never understand the law on these situations

Obviously there’s no evidence.
Can it go to court based on the word of another person?
Does it depend on whether enough people come forward?

I realise once in court it depends on what the jury decide - but since it’s a celebrity, they will be biased.

Nobody's prosecuting or sueing so does it matter?, it's trial by media which is usually pretty efficient.

Sponsored Links
Back