Russell Brand.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes formal complaints take a long time. Rich and powerful men are accustomed to getting away with things.

Airmiles Andy has lost his "job."
Funny you should mention about 'getting away with things' and that nasty piece of work...

"Files relating to Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, will not be released until 2065, an FOI request has revealed.

It means the documents will likely not be made public during the lifetime of the Duke - who is currently 63 years old, and would be 105 in 2065"

Sponsored Links
People rarely report rape, one of the reasons being the chances of conviction are always incredibly low in the UK, I daresay in the US it's even less, its no mystery why people don't wish to put them themselves through that. In this incredibly litigious world we now live in Ch4 and Times will have spent god knows how much going through all of this with their lawyers so as to be able to rebuff any legal challenges Brand may like to take.

Only if it is backed up by a victim.
But there appears to be 1 or more.

Prefer trial in court personally, but it's difficult to investigate by journalism without the trial by media.

The result of this case in particular bothers me not 1 iota. But the next 1, or the 1 after that etc

I dunno. I wasn't there. Then it all comes down to perceptions. He's a bit of a pr@ and talks a good deal of tosh but that doesn't necessarily make him an abuser.
I'm also conscious of a small number of failed cases recently, that were brought against famous people.
It's inevitable that when something like the MeToo movement became champion of those abused, that there would be a small number of frivolous and false cases, running off the popularity.
I'm completely ambivalent/ignorant towards Brand but understand he was a bit of a sex fiend in his day.

So the statement I expect you like Andrew Tate as well is irrelevant. Fine.
Start a thread, boyo. You can troll away to your heart's content, with all the conspiracy tat, you wish to dredge from the internet sewer.

Start a thread, boyo. You can troll away to your heart's content, with all the conspiracy tat, you wish to dredge from the internet sewer.
You confirm what I said that your frightened of going outside your comfort zone.

I'm also conscious of a small number of failed cases recently, that were brought against famous people.
It's inevitable that when something like the MeToo movement became champion of those abused, that there would be a small number of frivolous and false cases, running off the popularity.
I'm completely ambivalent/ignorant towards Brand but understand he was a bit of a sex fiend in his day.
Trouble is, when you're young, good looking, loaded with more money you can spend in a year on a credit card and a celebrity it becomes fashionable to be seen in nightclubs across London, living it up. All the women you can eat, served up in a buffet. Take your pick. I'm sure he munched his way through a sandwich or two. Wouldn't you?

The price we pay for filling column inches in the Sunday gossip rags.
If the women concerned felt so violated did they not file a police report at the time?
Maybe they were concerned they wouldn't be believed, or that their consent to sex might have been used to excuse the violent sex later in the relationship.

Promoters of his current tour have just announced all remaining dates have been postponed.

This thing about why folk don't speak up at the time is a fully understandable thing to question, however there can be multiple reasons why people don't speak out until months, years or even decades later. Whether they're the victim or someone who suspected things were going on. Rightly or wrongly, things like career protection/progression come into it.

If the women concerned felt so violated did they not file a police report at the time?
there is a big difference in going to the police and pressing charges versus talking anonymously to a TV journo

There were some women who went to the police in regards to Saville, but refused to press charges.

there Is a lot of pressure when it a known celebrity, esp one that gets protected by the establishment - employers, agents etc.

Victims only feel empowered to come forward when they know they aren’t the only one

Sponsored Links
Back