Russell Brand.

Jeez us if the bloke had committed an offence than plod should arrest and charge him

Earth quakes
Floods
Wars

Ect

Meaning thousands have died and the entire news is given over to this big ladies Willy as to if he did or did not give some one one X amount of years ago

Sponsored Links
I don't know anything about him notch.
In fact you'd think I would research him now you've mentioned him but experience tells me he wouldn't be saying anything that's not been said before.
I might have a look over the coming days to see if I'm missing anything.

And in any event people should take into consideration the effect on others prior to making allegations

Innocent people who get caught up in the caper

People like me

Dentist I used to go to got accused of gross misconduct of a sexual nature whilst at his practice

Oh well let’s have him struck off
Let’s bang him up for 6 months

He never assaulted me and he was cheap so than I had to find another dentist

No one apologised to me or offered to meet my extra expense

No basically I could go and do one

Same thing happened when my neighbour got banged up

He used to cut my lawn ffs

Yes exactly

there is a big difference in going to the police and pressing charges versus talking anonymously to a TV journo

There were some women who went to the police in regards to Saville, but refused to press charges.

there Is a lot of pressure when it a known celebrity, esp one that gets protected by the establishment - employers, agents etc.

Victims only feel empowered to come forward when they know they aren’t the only one
Apparently there's more...

Toxic Brand @ the Guardian

Meanwhile, the remaining shows on Brand’s Bipolarisation tour have been postponed. A statement from the promoters said: “We are postponing these few remaining addiction charity fundraiser shows, we don’t like doing it – but we know you’ll understand.”

Sponsored Links
Nadia claims she met the comedian in 2012 in Los Angeles. Brand, then 37, kissed her at an afterparty and began texting her. They had consensual sex in June 2012 at Brand’s house in Hollywood, she told the Times, adding that later Brand messaged her to “bring a friend”, adding: “I feel like I require a little chaos.”

Nadia told the newspaper the next time she saw Brand in July, he raped her. “I was out late and he happened to call me and say, ‘I’ve had a really bad day, please come over,’” she said. “And at first I said, ‘No, I’m not going, it’s late.’ And he’s like, ‘Please come, just come and cuddle with me.’ So then I gave in. And I’m, like, ‘OK.’”

Nadia alleges that when she arrived, Brand emerged from the bedroom naked and began kissing her, “which was kind of fun. And then it wasn’t that fun when I couldn’t move or I knew what he wanted from me at that point,” she said.

Alleged rape victim condemns Russel Brands Wellness Persona

When we talk about “hiding in plain sight”, we often understand that to mean a celebrity was protected and enabled by others in the industry, because that is easier to swallow than the material we all watched, all enabled. Brand’s 2006 tour Shame, for example, featured a routine about choking someone during oral sex that had no components of humour. It was only “funny” because we were watching: the humour was created by our collusion, in much the same way as his 2007 memoir, My Booky Wook, dressed up audacity – “I just described spitting on a woman and dared you to react” – as inventiveness, and only got away with it because, no, we didn’t dare.

But there are things that newspapers did 15 or 20 years ago that they would no longer do today. In 2002, anonymous people on the internet started a countdown to the 16th birthday of Charlotte Church, which was reported in the Sun and the Mirror, with that cloak of plausible deniability that the online world had so recently gifted the mainstream media: “We didn’t make this – we’re merely telling you it happened.” In 2008, photographers lay on the pavement outside the venue where Emma Watson was celebrating her 18th birthday, to take pictures up her skirt that it would have been illegal to print 24 hours before. It is unlikely that the titles would get away with that now. But, likewise, I find it very hard to imagine newspapers skating that sex-offender tightrope in the 90s, still less the 80s. So what exactly had happened?

Get your...@the Grundian

Western culture has been sliding down this slippery slope for many years but there's no 'Big Bang' to pinpoint exactly when it began. It's more of an incremental descent into the madness we behold these days.

Keep to the subject John.
A chance for a mysteron to have a dig at Boris or the Tories in a totally off-topic post? You're having a laff! Gotta shoehorn their hatred of those into a post any way they can.

Last edited:
Keep to the subject John. :giggle:
alright then...

The former prime minister, who had returned to the Conservative back benches in July 2018, also joked that he had “cornered the market in sex pests” among his supporters, according to a book by the Telegraph’s political editor, Ben Riley-Smith.

The alleged remarks, which Johnson’s office has denied, were alluded to in his final grilling from MPs at the powerful Commons liaison committee before he resigned as prime minister last July, when he failed to deny that he had said: “All the sex pests are supporting me.”

Tory Munsters @ the Grundian

He's not so different from Russell Brand, really, other than B. de Piffle ****ing over the whole country, rather than a select crew of groupies.

You tube have closed him down which is what happens in these guilty till proven innocent times.
A spokesperson for YouTube said: “We have suspended monetisation on Russell Brand’s channel for violating our creator responsibility policy. If a creator’s off-platform behaviour harms our users, employees or ecosystem, we take action to protect the community.”

Industry experts have estimated Brand probably makes between £2,000 to £4,000 a video, which,, based on five videos a week, could produce close to £1m a year.

YouTube’s creator responsibility guidelines state that “if a creator’s off-platform behaviour harms users, employees, or ecosystem, the platform may take action to protect its community, including by suspending monetisation.

“Human beings are flawed and fallible and usually, personally speaking, again, from personal experience, in the places where there is the most intimacy, I’m at most risk in some ways of behaving in a way that’s ugly – always, of course, within the confines of the law, I would hope, but in ways that are not in alignment with the kind of moral codes that I like to aspire to live by at least.”
Speaking further from the converted pub in an Oxfordshire village that is his studio, Brand confessed to not always handling himself well in failing relationships, admitting to some unspecified “shameful behaviour”. “However, I wouldn’t like to have that be turned into entertainment”, he said of the media dissection of the Depp-Heard relationship. It was a forlorn hope.

Backing it up@ the Grundian

Sponsored Links
Back