Snap election

Sponsored Links
Cons. Unthinkable by me several years ago, but the whole Middle East fiasco means that WE need a full regime change before Labs will get my vote again.

Deluks said:
Cons. Unthinkable by me several years ago, but the whole Middle East fiasco means that WE need a full regime change before Labs will get my vote again.

Like it or lump it Deluks, but ultimately this country is becoming more and more run on an almost presidential basis. That being the case, are you saying that David would make a better leader of the country than Gordon? Look at them both and listen to their words of wisdom and then decide.

Sponsored Links
empip said:
Parking-space tax - coming to a place near you... soon.

It doesn't matter? What a person with no option, spends on work-parking he/she doesn't spend on services... ;) ;) Yer tis

Hard times ahead for some.
:rolleyes:

don't you mean here :?:

It doesn't matter? What a person with no option, spends on work-parking he/she doesn't spend on services... ;) ;) Yer tis

oops ! yes Ed' how are your 'Crock' shares going? :rolleyes:

I touched on the subject of snap erections but got shot down by empip for 'protesting too much' :LOL:

bolo said:
Deluks said:

Like it or lump it Deluks, but ultimately this country is becoming more and more run on an almost presidential basis. That being the case, are you saying that David would make a better leader of the country than Gordon? Look at them both and listen to their words of wisdom and then decide.

What wisdom? They're both muppets but labour are the ones in power, who are making the balls-ups. So a vote the other way expresses my dissatisfaction.

I'd vote libs if Lembit Opik was running the show, now there's a man who knows how to enjoy life, the cheeky barztard.

bolo said:
Like it or lump it Deluks, but ultimately this country is becoming more and more run on an almost presidential basis.
If that's a true statement, then it confirms that the country is not being run on a presidential basis.

Here are some more examples of self-defeating statements:

I was nearly run over.
I nearly broke the speed limit.
I nearly married Kylie Minogue.

----------------

[Editor's note: this post previously used the term "viz" incorrectly, which was the result of a cut-and-paste accident. I have now clarified this post for the benefit of any moron who might be otherwise tempted to persist in believing that one error in about five million words demonstrates a lack of understanding of the English language.]

empip said:

oops ! yes Ed' how are your 'Crock' shares going? :rolleyes:

Rubbish, thanks. :(

Softus said:
bolo said:
Like it or lump it Deluks, but ultimately this country is becoming more and more run on an almost presidential basis.
If that's a true statement, then it confirms that the country is not being run on a presidential basis, viz:

I was nearly run over.
I nearly broke the speed limit.
I nearly married Kylie Minogue.

Point taken Softus, but I said 'almost' and that is what I meant. Having said that,can I just point out that "the country is becoming more and more run on an almost presidential basis" does not mean the same as "I was nearly run over" or "I nearly broke the speed limit" or "I nearly married Kylie Minogue"as your use of the word 'viz', meaning namely, or in other words, would imply! Agree? These are examples of similar, but in no way identical, scenarios.

bolo said:
Agree? These are examples of similar, but in no way identical, scenarios.
No. I think they're perfect analogies apropos the word "almost".

Sponsored Links
Back