Stihl combi tools attachment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Will this fit on my stihl combi unit been left in garage for years just had it repaired.
20240910_165956.jpg
20240910_165951.jpg

Or do I need to but proper one?

This-

Already have brushcutter.

Sponsored Links
Can't you just remove the brush cutter blade and fit a strimmer head to it, or am I misunderstanding what you are intending.

It claims to be compatible....it won't be Stihl quality of course!
The first part to fail will be the gears in the bevel head drive, so keep it well greased!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Found a blower bg86 on eBay locally. He can't give me an address (ebay rules)but said can meet in a pub. Is this a good idea if something wrong with it won't know where he lives

Of course not.

I have occasionally bought things on ebay for collection, and paid cash after inspecting them.

Who told you this was not permitted under "ebay rules?"

Keitai I know you said you've had you tools nicked. Don't buy someone else's stolen tools.

Save up a few grand and get a selection of professional battery tools, and decent batteries. They are so much better. Cheaper to run, less vibrations, less noise, no petrol vapour in the back of the van, can refuel at home, more reliable, etc.
The lower noise means you can potentially work at times when you couldn't with a 2 stroke (like on a Sunday morning).
The fact it doesn't give you asthma and lung cancer is a bonus too.

Keitai I know you said you've had you tools nicked. Don't buy someone else's stolen tools.

Save up a few grand and get a selection of professional battery tools, and decent batteries. They are so much better. Cheaper to run, less vibrations, less noise, no petrol vapour in the back of the van, can refuel at home, more reliable, etc.
The lower noise means you can potentially work at times when you couldn't with a 2 stroke (like on a Sunday morning).

This, but give Husqvarna a miss, the tools are alright but their battery chargers notoriously die just after the warranty runs out.

This, but give Husqvarna a miss, the tools are alright but their battery chargers notoriously die just after the warranty runs out.
The husqvarna battery system has been great for me, the older charger is now past the 5 year mark!

The husqvarna battery system has been great for me, the older charger is now past the 5 year mark!
Does yours have a 13a plugtop?

Specifically the QC330 fast charger is the one that causes issues.
I still have the single lead 'slow' charger that comes with the tools, but no issues with that, but needs leaving on overnight.

The QC500 is the fast charger! QC330 is the mid speed. The model number relates to the watts, 500w and 330w, I have both.

They can't be good as the petrol ones? My two stroke husquvarna short reach hedgecutters power was incredible. Go through anything. No way battery one could match it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back