Those massive queues at Dover that brexers claim don’t exist….are back

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Another Brexit bonus...
A minute or two more at passport control coming in and out of the country is small price to pay for Brexit. I spend longer in the queue at my local recycling centre having my I.D. checked to stop others from coming into our borough to dump their shìt. Nobody sensible complains about that either.

A minute or two more at passport control coming in and out of the country is small price to pay for Brexit. I spend longer in the queue at my local recycling centre having my I.D. checked to stop others from coming into our borough to dump their shìt. Nobody sensible complains about that either.
A minute or 2 per person (say 4 in a car) soon builds up a much bigger queue.

But you don't count the queue time, just the bit extra when you get to passport control?

You’d better get on to the BBC and correct them as you seem better informed than they are.

The BBC report says this:

"As well as having even more tourist traffic coming our way this year, we have the added challenge of having to implement our infrastructure works required by France and the EU to support the EU’s new Entry Exit System due to go live in October," Mr Bannister said.

So it looks like it is actually caused by the works being carried out at Dover for the new EU system (which goes live in October) and these works are causing disruption and restricting capacity. At least that's how I am reading it. I wonder whether this work would still have been needed even if we were still in the EU?

It's so sweet that the small and dwindling numbers of elderly Brexers can still vent their bitter disappointment.

UK gave up its right to influence and vote on cross-border travel with the other European countries when we resigned our membership.

It’s good but not surprising that ‘new' member Mrs Doubtfyre is liking JohnD's posts. He's only been a member for three days and he's already using one of Jonny boy's favourite quotes "Oh look, a squirrel”. What next, "Mottie doesn’t care"? :ROFLMAO:

The BBC report says this:

So it looks like it is actually caused by the works being carried out at Dover for the new EU system (which goes live in October) and these works are causing disruption and restricting capacity. At least that's how I am reading it. I wonder whether this work would still have been needed even if we were still in the EU?
Seems clear to me

Sponsored Links
Back