Tools robbed from my van last night

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time I've had stuff stolen from my van. Between £2000-£3000 if new . They were 3-7 years old though. Garden tools like hedge cutters and top of the range stihl combi unit. Gutted. I realised when I went up to my van and door was closed but not entirely shut so unlocked.

Can't remember if I shut and locked it or not. The door is fine, is it possible to open a door without damaging it on Peugeot expert 2013?

If I'd got them into garage they'd been much safer. Can't work out if they followed me home from hamworthy to Parkstone (10 miles) after hedgecutting or did it there. I got home midnight or random opportunitist but I live at the top of a hill which the public never go up.

No insurance.

20240904_082606.jpg
20240904_081843.jpg

Sponsored Links
Can' help with the theft. But when you change your van, make sure it's got slam locks (automatically locks on closure) or auto-locking after a delay.

Sponsored Links
And they are likely to come back once you have had the chance to replace them. Keep an eye on flea bay, freed ads, facebook market place,etc.

Personally, I don’t believe those videos. You can hear the doors being unlocked so I suspect there’s someone else pressing another remote fob. I think it’s a wind up. How about if the OP tries it on his van and lets us know whether it works.

And they are likely to come back once you have had the chance to replace them. Keep an eye on flea bay, freed ads, facebook market place,etc.
If I was to see them. Would the police come with me ? I've called them but they haven't come back to me. Unbelievable

If I was to see them. Would the police come with me ? I've called them but they haven't come back to me. Unbelievable
I dont know but if you can prove they are yours it may get them to take notice.
A lot to be said for marking with your post code using a pen that shows up under UV.
I suspect the police will be “too busy” to attend as usual because they are busy dealing with motorists, e scooter riders and other riff raff.

Can't work out if they followed me home from hamworthy to Parkstone

Always liked Poole, had a boat at Cobbs Quay Marina in Hamworthy for a couple of years so got to know the area quite well, and whilst living in the middle east for a year in 76, I fell in love with a dancer from Bournemouth. Nice girl.

Sorry to hear about your tools, bummer. Chin up and carry on is all you can do, and increase your day rate to recoup the cost over the next 12 months (or less), ten quid a day should do it, if anyone complains, just mention 'train drivers'. (y)

seeing your tools on a platform means nothing other than they are for sale
point one -they have only your word they where stolen
point two -they are for sale
you need a smoking gun for them to have any interest
what you have is you say your tools are stolen and you think you have found them
even with cctv connecting everything together tying in the theft and the sale unless you have a confession forget it as the value off perhaps £200-250 your insurance company would value your "old" tools will not even registered for more than a crime number before being filed as no further action

what level and type off insurance do you have and what excess plus read the exclusions and restrictions [such as not in vehicles overnight ]??

as an aside iff you think your tools where worth 3k when new but now insured for perhaps 1k your insurance company may say your insurance is 50% off the today value so offer half the payout as under insured

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss.

But wait until someone uses the tools and sees how bad the work is with them.

(fit dead locks to your van and or remove them every night, also didn't the alarm go off?)

Amny

seeing your tools on a platform means nothing other than they are for sale
point one -they have only your word they where stolen
point two -they are for sale
you need a smoking gun for them to have any interest
what you have is you say your tools are stolen and you think you have found them
even with cctv connecting everything together tying in the theft and the sale unless you have a confession forget it as the value off perhaps £200-250 your insurance company would value your "old" tools will not even registered for more than a crime number before being filed as no further action

what level and type off insurance do you have and what excess plus read the exclusions and restrictions [such as not in vehicles overnight ]??

as an aside iff you think your tools where worth 3k when new but now insured for perhaps 1k your insurance company may say your insurance is 50% off the today value so offer half the payout as under insured

Too muck like hard work for the cops.
Feel your pain. Muslims have the correct punishment for theft.

Too muck like hard work for the cops.
Feel your pain. Muslims have the correct punishment for theft.
The OP lives in UK, which has a a justice system.
Sharia law is only allowed if the participants accept it, and only in very minor issues.
Sharia councils have no legal status and no legal binding authority under civil law. Whilst sharia is a source of guidance for many Muslims, sharia councils have no legal jurisdiction in England and Wales.

To present such argument for theft in UK suggests your pathetic attempt at demonising other countries.
In USA the thief might be shot and killed, but we don't advocate for that in UK. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back