Tools robbed from my van last night

what do you actually base your expectations on ???
if they showed no interest in a theft that suggests they are overloaded and prioritizing assets so not sure that they will send anyone to accompany him ??
They don't want someone to get seriously hurt when they've been told that there would be a confrontational situation.
Imagine if that made the news...
When you put them in that situation they act because their arse is on the line.
Thxs. I assume u mean if I call and ask the police politely to come with me, they won't?
No, they won't come.
You need to let them know that whatever the risk, you will get your tools back and keep a record of it (record telephone call and send email after).
No, I wasn't.

The poster supported Muslim practice.

You accused him of "demonising other countries".

If anyone is getting mixed up, it is you.
You accused the poster of the exact opposite of what they'd said.

And you conflated faith with country.

Now bore off, you tiresome, multi-usernamed troll.
Just block the idiot.

Sponsored Links
over the years vans have developed from absolute basic cabs to top of the range , latest sound systems /air con /sat nav/ fancy seats and interiors but yet they wont put a good locking system into place despite decades of van break ins . Crazy

At least my van will never get stolen, it has the best anti-theft deterrent available..............................................................the Fiat badge on the grille. :giggle:

Who said suspected thieves?
If someone robs another to detriment of their daily living, let there be just retribution so that the perpetrators do not do the same again.
If you'd followed the topic, you would have seen that the OP could not be sure the person with his stolen tools was the original thief. :rolleyes:
It would be an assumption only.
We don't go cutting off limbs of people who happen to have something that might belong to us.

And if they were found guilty in court, we don't practise medieval forms of punishment. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The poster supported Muslim practice.
You accused him of "demonising other countries".
Muslim countries. :rolleyes:
I could have accused him of Islamophobia, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I wasn't sure if he was being Islamophobic or wanted to re-introduce medieval punishment.
As it transpired he wanted to re-introduce medieval punishment. But I had already covered both angles. :rolleyes:

You accused the poster of the exact opposite of what they'd said.
Because his motivation was either islamophobia, or wanting to re-introduce medieval punishment. I covered both angles. :rolleyes:

And you conflated faith with country.
Muslim countries :rolleyes:, to give him the benefit of not being islamophobic.

Now bore off, you tiresome, multi-usernamed troll.
Now that you've been exposed as two tier brigadier you're resorting to insulting behaviour. :ROFLMAO:
It's just as well you didn't try to refute that because you were caught fair and square.

Exposed as two tier brigadier so out comes the typical insulting behaviour.
Same old, same old........ :rolleyes:

what do you actually base your expectations on ???
if they showed no interest in a theft that suggests they are overloaded and prioritizing assets so not sure that they will send anyone to accompany him ??
They don't want someone to get seriously hurt when they've been told that there would be a confrontational situation.
not sure that will happen in the real world

sorry about the messy looking quote and post as my skills are limited but good at bu66ering things internet related up lol

Last edited:
not sure that will happen in the real world
I agree. Informing the police that you are about to confront someone who happens to be the current holder of your (possible) stolen property would not garner much support.
And if the confrontation turned to violence you will have informed the police of your intention.
I fully expect the police to strongly advise anyone against such confrontation.
If you made a mistake (wrong person, wrong tool) you would be the perpetrator of a crime, not the victim.

I will email and call to accompany me. If they don't come I'll go to address then call 999 and say I'm being threatened with a knife. Wait to come then go in.

No, they won't come.
You need to let them know that whatever the risk, you will get your tools back and keep a record of it (record telephone call and send email after).

Just block the idiot.
I'll do this. And tell them they're liable if they don't come

I'll do this. And tell them they're liable if they don't come
no off course not why would you think this you are responsible for your actions put your self in danger you can be charged with wasting police time and many other charges bordering on stupidity and possible criminal action placing you in a position iff charged you can go to prison
also not sure why you also think having a weapon is at any time is acceptable --mob rule or summery justice is never an intelligent fair way to go look at the recent riots based on stirring the sh1t up
and yes i do remember your autistic traits this is why the heavy-handed response as kid gloves do not get the actual relevant point across ;)

Last edited:
I might be discontent with an apparent lack of effort by the police. But I would never resort to mob justice, nor violent vigilante tactics.
UK is a law abiding country, to suggest we resort to violent thuggery against suspected thieves would be a slippery slope toward anarchy. :rolleyes:
I would, having had my van broken into twice, first £3000 second time they emptied it £6-7k
Both times whilst on a job, second time they drilled the doors with a can opener and wrote the van off.

The Police are absolutely disgusting where tool theft is concerned, crime reference number and jog on.

Tool theft is wide spread, premier inns in and around London are hot spots for this type of crime, not so long ago 4 vans were robbed in one evening, premier inn had cctv but the police and premier inn refused to view it.

You will find boot fairs where the tools are clearly stolen yet the Po-leese aren't interested, it is rife.

More recently a huge haul of stolen tools were discovered by the Police, not that they could claim credit although they happily flaunted their find all over social media, the haul was discovered because the victim had put Trackers in his tools and was able to find the location of them

Don't ask me to abide by a law that picks and chooses who it protects.

They do the same with bicycle theft, crime reference number and jog on.
My friend had his beloved bike stolen a few years ago, a bike he'd built himself, so the insurance couldn't put a realistic price to it.
He found it for sale on gumtree.
Went to police station and they told him they would investigate aka jog on.
He contacted the seller and arranged an appointment outside west brompton station.
He went back to the police station and told them.
They advised not to go but he insisted.
They sent 2 plain clothed officers with him and arrested the guy.
He wasn't the actual thief, but was the one buying stolen goods and selling them on.
They found all sorts of stuff at his address, including power tools, gold, watches, tv, phones, etc.
They never caught the thieves.

Sponsored Links
Back