UK inflation worsens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
higher than same time last year really ?
Prices were 3.5% lower in June compared with a year earlier, the sharpest rate of decline since 2009 but a smaller annual drop than the 4% fall predicted by economists.

That's data from Nationwide own survey.

That's the latest.

A yr ago avg price 280k May its 286k

Sponsored Links
i see your struggling with starting prices and percentage increases and decreases a 30p rise could be less than a 20p decrease are you sure your not nosey as you keep digging big holes to fall into

I said have your costs gone up - you seem to not be able to read.

Looks like another self own.

You really don't understand how inflation is calculated and it shows in every post.

That's data from Nationwide own survey.

That's the latest.

A yr ago avg price 280k May its 286k
you mean the countries biggest mortgage provider an your previous figures were from march

i see your struggling with starting prices and percentage increases and decreases a 30p rise could be less than a 20p decrease are you sure your not nosey as you keep digging big holes to fall into

But if we are talking about starting prices then if inflation rises one year then the next year if it falls next year - over the two year period have prices gone up?

Sponsored Links
you mean the countries biggest mortgage provider an your previous figures were from march

Look above laddy I have the latest figures just out yesterday in the link.

Another self own on it's way.

You really don't understand how inflation is calculated and it shows in every post.
you are talking about percentage inflation increase and as has been pointed out it all depends on starting prices

Tell me the latest figures you have.

Release date:
19 July 2023

Self own central.
well somehow i think the countries biggest mortgage provider has its finger n the pulse better than you unless you think the current mortgage increases have resulted in a property price boom

well somehow i think the countries biggest mortgage provider has its finger n the pulse better than you unless you think the current mortgage increases have resulted in a property price boom

Backtracking now and swerving. Well done.

well somehow i think the countries biggest mortgage provider

Not quite,

1689849835018.png

We're at the crossover point, where internet pedants could argue that house prices are rising or falling, depending on which figures you cherry-pick.

But the fact is that they're turning downhill, and it's very likely that the annual figure will be negative across all indeces within a few months.

We own one house, don't have a mortgage and don't want to borrow against it. Regardless of its value, it will be worth the value of one house and it keeps the rain off our heads. We don't need a bigger one and don't want to downsize. Whether it's worth £100k or £1 million makes absolutely bugger all difference to anything. I don't know why homeowners actually care about its value, I suspect that many perpetually borrow against its value to buy tat - in which case I have zero sympathy.

If I was a landlord I'd be worried. If I was a landlord with mortgages I wouldn't sleep very well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back